Thursday, January 10, 2013

Weeds Be Wildflowers

Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog.  Well we have the outside decorations taken down and packed away until next Christmas. The wreaths are off the windows and tomorrow I will pack those away.

Next it's the first of my 3 Christmas trees. My husband reminded me that there is no time schedule to get the stuff packed and put away.

I knew that but it just made me feel better to have him remind me. The putting away process is definitely time-consuming and it cuts into my craft time (lol). But a little each day will whittle away at this major task.

I did make time to craft today. I checked out the sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers for a start. Janette was the hostess there and she had a great layout for us.

For my card I used the SNSS stamp set "wildflowers" and stamped on vanilla cardstock in pretty in pink ink.

My other vanilla panel I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder "stylized flowers" and sponged with pretty-in-pink ink.

My background paper is some BoBunny that I had in my stash. It is black but I guess it looks green on some computer screens. At least that's what some girls on Splitcoaststampers think it is-oh well-no green here just black, vanilla and pink.

The sentiment panel is from the same SNSS set. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to place the sentiment on this smaller panel.

I die-cut a butterfly from the black designer paper and added a few pearls to complete this card.

Well, it's time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day so until next time.........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has a color challenge for their January virtual stamp day.
2.  Divas By Design has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge has an anything goes.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    Love this pretty floral card and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mary how beautiful this is! So very soft and rather elegant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the layered panels on this card. The sentiment is so sweet! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Your image and embossing are the perfect pairing for the sentiment and the butterfly is so pretty! I have to say it does look a little green on my screen too. I'm envisioning it in black and thinking it's quite an elegant color combination!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails