Friday, January 18, 2013

A Jar of Hearts


Happy Friday everyone and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Our house guests Ruben & Aidee and Baby Elijah have arrived.
They are staying with us for a week and then leaving for their new home in Reno, NV.

We have mentored this young couple for the past 5 years and have grown so close to them. They have no family here in Pittsburgh. they are from El Paso, TX. We met them through church and almost instantly there was a bond with us.

Elijah is such a little sweetheart. So busy at a month old checking out his new surroundings. He didn't sleep much today but hopefully he will be settled in tomorrow and back to a more normal routine.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my Friday post on the Great Impressions Blog. I found some great heart paper in my stash and decided to go with a non-traditional Valentine card.

I stamped the jar of candy hearts E565 on watercolor paper and then wet embossed. I used Stampin-Up pool party, lucky limeade and wisteria wonder inks to color the hearts. The image is fussy cut.
I think it has such a little girl look to it and I have the perfect one in mind to send this too.

All 3 of my backgrounds panels are embossed. The lucky limeade with the Stampin-Up folder basket weave, the wisteria wonder panel with the Cuttlebug folder swiss dots and the pool party panel I put though my Marvy heart paper crimper.

The designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "sweet shoppe" collection. I cut the paper and the layer with the Spellbinders mattings basics A & B dies.  Added some pool party ruffled ribbon and a lucky limeade brad to complete my card.

Great Impressions is offering 10% off at the online store and if you spend $25 you get free shipping. Great deal and a chance to get some new valentine stamps.

Card layout is the Deconstructed sketch #84. Tweeked just a little.

Well it's late and time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time.......Go bless!!

Some other challenges:
1.  Aud Sentiments Challenge has a bingo. On my card I have die cuts-embossing-love.
2.  Happy Campers Blog has a buttons, beads or bows challenge.
3.  Creative Belli has a pruple and blue challenge. I used designer paper, brads and ribbon from my stash.
4Divas By design has a make it girlie challenge.
5.  Little Red Wagon has a repeated shapes challenge. I repeated hearts and rectangles.


14 comments:

  1. Mary, those colors are really yummy! And your heart filled Jar? It is so much fun. Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card, love the colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us at Aud Sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute little "love" card and love the colors you used for this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH my most favorite color combo and I love the layers and fun little jar of hearts ;) Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sketch and card with a "ton" of sweet hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors, Mary, and that heart-filled jar is just the sweetest image! Wanted to tell you I googled the new coneflower you said you planted and LOVE the green! Have a great time with your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the heart shape in various ways (patterned paper, embossing and the stamped image!
    Thanks for playing with us at LRW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card! thanks for playing with "AUD Sentiments" this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for entering the Aud Sentiments challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun Card! Like the way your heart fill your jar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, your card is adorable. I love your coloring, the colors and papers you chose.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of the different panels on this and the jar of hearts looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being featured, Mary! I just saw your shapes challenge card - love the hearts...all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us in the Aud Sentiments Bingo Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails