Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blooming with Kindness

Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Well, I have finished with all my Christmas un-decorating and packing everything away for next year. It took me 5 days to get it all done but it's all history now (lol)!!

I have my house clean and now we are waiting for our house guests to arrive. A young couple from church are coming to stay with us for a week.
They are moving to Reno, NV and the movers are coming on Thursday to pack them up and make the cross-country trip.

They mentioned going to a hotel for a week but I wouldn't hear of it. They just had a baby a month ago and we have plenty of room here.
We took this couple under our wing when they moved to Pittsburgh 5 years ago from Iowa. Ruben had just finished his doctorate there and had accepted a position with the University of Pittsburgh. Now he has a position with the University in Reno.

They have grown so close to us and we with them. It will be hard to let them go, but this is a great opportunity for him. And, we can always go and visit them. They said they will have a room set aside for us.

So I wont be doing much card making in the next week but I do have one for today. This one I made for the color challenge #409.
Peggy is our hostess and she wanted us to use rose red, pink pirouette and wisteria wonder. This was such a great color palette.

For my card I used the Stampin-Up set "blooming with kindness" and stamped the image in rose red ink. Cut it with a Spellbinders circle die and layered in rose red cardstocks. Added some pink pearls to the scallop layer.

The background designer paper is wisteria wonder and then I used a Sizzix embossing folder for the lower wisteria panel. I layered these in early espresso cardstock since we can use neutrals of our choice.


My layout is this week's MojoMonday 276 sketch.

My side panel is rose red cardstock layered with rose red seam binding and a layer of pink pirouette.
Used an embossing folder on this panel as well. I also used a Stampin-Up scallop edge punch here.

I left off a sentiment because I am not sure how I will use this one.

Well, it's time to dim the lights in Charmed Life land for another day. So until next time..........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Crafting For All Seasons wants us to use something new. My stamp image is new.
2.  Crafts and Me wants us to use soemthing new. My stamp image is new.
3.  Cards Galore has an anything goes challenge.
4.  Pretty Little Ribbon Shop has a flowers and ribbon challenge.





13 comments:

  1. Lovely card, fab colours and layout. Thank you for joining in with Cards Galore challenge, good luck Hun xx Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So generous of you and your husband to have the couple from your church stay with you while they are in process of moving. Giving them a home during this transition will make things so much smoother and happier for them. Lovely card, I like how you placed the single flower in the circle. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really elegant card Mary.

    Thanks so much your sharing your lovely card with us at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a chance to try my hand at this challenge yet. I love the way your embossing matches the paper and that pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That big blossom looks beautiful stamped in all red and white, Mary! What a lovely card with those charming challenge colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Mary, and love that gorgeous flower image!

    Have fun with your house guests too. It's going to be fun to have a baby in the house!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful trio of colors, Mary! Love the stamped flower image! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friends are so blessed to have you and your family in their lives...I hope you have a wonderful week together!!! Your card is beautiful...you worked the challenge colors beautifully!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Mary, I love the gorgeous blossom with the dotted dp! Have a wonderful time with your friends, sounds like you bless each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful! I love the colour combo!
    Thanks for playing at Crafting For all Seasons this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn (CFAS DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely card! The flower is beautiful and I love the layered pieces of pretty trim on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the gorgeous image and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done, Thanks so much for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails