Friday, January 4, 2013

First Valentine's Card

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. Our cold temps are going to be hanging around for a few days. I think its perfect weather to make soup. Something about soup and crusty bread that warms up the coldest, snowy winter days.
My husband has been asking me to make stuffed green pepper soup so today was the day. I found a recipe online and tweaked it a bit. It was so delicious and I doubled the recipe so we have leftovers. I think soup tastes better the 2nd day anyway after the flavors have a chance to meld together.

Now onto my card for today. Friday is my regular day to post on the Great Impressions Blog as part of their design team. I am showing my first Valentine card for the 2013 season.

My sentiment is from the Great Impressions Stamp -Happy Valentine's Day D364. I think the font is so beautiful and it's in stock at the online store.

I stamped in purely pomegranate ink and layered on Spellbinders ovals. My background paper is from BoBunny. Used a Stampin-Up scallop edge punch, middle layer is purely pomegranate silk ribbon.

My bow is made with the MFT bow die-namics. Punched 3 hearts to complete my card.

My card layout is Wednesday's sketch #417 from Splitcoaststampers.
Well, that's it for me for this Friday in January. Until next time........God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Simon Says Stamp has a "new something challenge. My stamp is new + my MFT bow die-namic.
2Cards Galore has an anything goes challenge.
3.  One Crazy Stamper has an anything goes challenge.
4.  The Crafters Cafe has an anything goes challenge.


10 comments:

  1. Pretty card, I like the heart detail on the bow. Yes, today is soup day at our house, too! Vegetable with ham that was frozen after Christmas dinner. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are way ahead of me, Mary. I haven't started valentines day cards yet. But your beautiful creation makes me want to get started. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is way too cute. That MFT die is a great finish and pop on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of stuffed green pepper soup - but sounds delicious!

    Very pretty card for Valentine's. Love all the scallops on here.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mary, love the colors you used and those pretty scalloped borders:) Im going to have to check out that recipe..my husband Loves stuffed peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE! I love all of the layers at the bottom and that wonderful bow!
    Stuffed pepper soup sounds delicious, especially on a cold winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary~This is truly lovely. Thanks for joining us for challenge #12 at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. See you again soon! Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project! Thanks for playing with us at Crafters Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you joined us this month at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again next month! Just as an FYI - We are doing a DT Call...
    Hugs,
    Karen C (DT coordinator)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails