Friday, January 25, 2013

mouse with bubble hearts

Happy Friday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. It's 16° here and snowing. A good stay to stay by the fire and drink hot chocolate. But, I have a hair cut appointment. I have an SUV so I should be fine driving-hopefully.

My house guests left yesterday for their new home in Nevada. It was a very emotional parting moment for us. We have mentored this young couple for 5 years. Aidee sent me a text message at 2:00 am when they arrived in Nevada and she said she couldn't stop crying. She forgot about the time difference I am sure.

It's hard to move to a new place and have no family support and have to make friends all over again. But, that's how it is these days with jobs. Ruben will be working for the Univ of Nevada. A good opportunity for him but difficult as well.

Our home is so quiet today without them and the baby. I miss them a lot. But, we will have the chance to go and visit in a couple of months.

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my blog post on The Great Impressions Blog. I post over there every Friday. I am still making Valentine cards so I decided to use this cute "mouse with bubble hearts G46" stamp. There is a valentine special at the Great Impressions online store. You can get 10% off and free shipping if you spend $25. 
I colored him with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Then fussy cut just the mouse and added him to the floral oval die. I stamped the hearts and colored them.

Layered the Spellbinder floral oval die over a Spellbinder lacy oval die. I like to layer dies for added interest on a card. Finished this one off with some Stampin-Up Alpine grosgrain ribbon and bow with heart brad center. I use the Bow Easy to make my bows.

Well, that's it for me for today. Time to venture out in the snow. So until next time......God Bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Brown Sugar Challenge Blog wants us to make a Valentine card.
2.  Outlawz Twisted Thursday is anything goes with designer paper & brads.
3.  Ruby's Rainbow has a Valentine challenge.
4.  Sisterhood of Crafters wants us to use hearts.
5.  Shopping Our Stash wants us to use our oldest ribbon. This ribbon I bought from Stampin-Up 3 years ago.

22 comments:

  1. That is 100% sweet, Mary! I love this creation to bits :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring with those prismas and LOVE your card! That image with the dies is wonderful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so lovely. The ribbon is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mouse is adorable, Mary! I love how you fussy cut him and popped him on the oval!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most adorable image, Mary! I like the way you showcased it in the oval frame. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO adorable Mary and I love that ribbon! Beautiful showcasing of this cute image! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘I {HEART} VALENTINE’S’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    P.S. I have blog candy available through January if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cad just makes me SMILE!! That ribbon is gorgeous I love the colors you used on this card. I am sure glad

    ReplyDelete
  8. You shared is with us over at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ice card. Thanks for joining us at brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card

    Thankyou for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our "Valentine's" challenge

    Hope to see you again soon

    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary I love this one..the lacy matts and pretty brown and creme combo with that sweet little little guy really makes a beautiful card! Bet your house is quiet:( University of Nevada as in Las Vegas?? If so sure will be a change of scenery and weather for them. Las Vegas is the closet place for us to go for any major shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, Mary! This little mouse is a cutie patootie! I adore this image. You have made great color choices. What a beautiful bow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply adorable- fantastic little mousey and the ribbon is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is totally adorable!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! And wonderful coloring. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card!! Thank you for playing along with Brown Sugar this week!! Hope you decide to play along with us again!! Good luck!
    Alice B.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful card. I love the image and the die cuts. The ribbon is so colorful I love it too!!'

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable image, and your die cuts really make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card!

    Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Ruby's Rainbow

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card thanks for joining us on brown sugar, hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet card and the little mouse is adorable! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a darling card Mary. Such a sweet image... love the colors and the pretty oval frames.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails