Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Love is the key

Happy Monday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We had a crazy ice storm here this morning and it delayed schools for a couple of hours. Tomorrow its supposed to go up to 60°. We may even have a thunderstorm and then it will return to normal winter weather. That would be around 25° for a high temperature.

The days are getting longer its still light at 5:40 pm and getting lighter earlier in the morning. Before you know it the tulips will be popping up.

Anyway onto my card for today. This is the sample I made for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Becky is our hostess and she chose a great color palette with island indigo, daffoldil delight and lucky limeade.

I decided to make another non-traditional colors valentine's card. I chose my designer paper and then selected my layout which is this weeks Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #176.

My island indigo designer paper is from Stampin-Up's "sweet shoppe" collection and the daffodil delight flag is cut from Stampin-Up's "world spectacular" collection.

I used the MFT "dizzy doily" die cut in lucky limeade and added a Spellbinders circle cut in daffodil delight.

My sentiment is PaperTrey Inks "lock and key" set and I also used the matching key die. Punched a few hearts in island indigo to complete my card.

Well that's it for me for today. So until next time.....God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  ABC Challenge wants us to make a valentine's card.
2.  Artistic Inspirations has a love/anything goes challenge.
3.  Love To Create has an anything goes with a sentiment.
4.  The Pink Elephant has a hearts challenge.
5.  Gingerloft has a "love is in the air" challenge.





Mary Marsh

10 comments:

  1. Those are great colors, Mary! So fresh and fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project!
    Love the colors and the little hearts...
    Glad you are playing with us at Gingerloft :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice & I like the non-traditional colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ ABC Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Mary! I love the doily cutout. What a perfect balance of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card and color. Thank you for joining us this week at Artistic Inspirations. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that doily die cut and the way you used those colors to make a terrific valentine! Thanks for joining us this week at 'ABC' Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty colors and the doily is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really an awesome card. I really love the wonderful die cut and the sentiment.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Gingerloft Card Challenge. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super card

    Thanks for joining us at gingerloft, hope to see you again soon.

    Caz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails