Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Gold, White and Silver Wedding

Happy Wednesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. We had some sunshine here today but it is so cold. Temps didn't go above mid 20's today. It will be around 12 degrees tomorrow morning. Tough for the kids waiting for the school bus. I hope my grandsons are bundled up.

So the snow we had a few days ago is not melting.  Some hot cocoa and sitting in front of the fireplace checking out the blogs sounds good to me (lol)!!

Well, onto my card for today. This one I made for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Vicki was our hostess and she chose the color palette of gold, silver and white. She wanted us to make a wedding or anniversary card.

I chose to make a wedding card.  I stamped the wedding silhouette image in memento timber brown on shimmery ivory card stock and then die cut with a Spellbinders square .

I used Stampin-Up brushed gold card stock as my base and on my ivory layer I used the Sizzix embossing folder "kassie's brocade". Used a corner rounder on this layer.

I die cut a Spellbinder lacy square in gold and added some gold designer paper over the square.

To get the silver option in, I added silver pearls around the square and finished my card off with some ivory paper flowers. 


My layout is from Mojo265 sketch.    

That's my card for today. Time to dim the lights in Charmed Life Land for another day. So until next time......God bless.

Some other challenges:
1.  Divas By Design has an anything goes challenge.
2.  ABC Challenge has an "E" for embossing.
3.  Cards Galore has an anything goes challenge.




9 comments:

  1. Hello Mary what a fabulous card . I love that stamp isnt it fab !.
    Have fun crafting in 2013. Wishing you and your family a Wonderful and Happy New Year. Biggest Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Mary! I like the silver touches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely anniversary card, Mary! We had 5° this morning. Brrrrrrrr! Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty and elegant Mary. Love the silhouette image and the white with the gold. Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Wedding card Mary! Love the elegant image and pretty cold. Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card...thank you for joining us at ABC

    regards
    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and very elegant! Love the embossed panel and the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so elegant and I am sure will be cherished by the couple who receive it! Thank you for joining us at ABC's challenge. I hope we see more of your lovely work in our future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project. thank you for joining us over on Cards Galore xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails