Saturday, November 7, 2009

year of blessing


happy saturday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

it was a beautiful, warm, sunny day here in pittsburgh. I spent some of the day stamping, and I made 2 cards.

today is my 22nd wedding anniversary so one of the cards is for my husband. I will post that one tomorrow. we are going to dinner tonight to celebrate.
happy anniversary honey-he subscribes to my blog so I don't want him to see the card before I give it to him!!
my card was made for the inspiration challenge on splitcoaststampers.
we visited the jonathan adler site to find our inspiration today.
I chose this lollipop rug to help design my card.

I did something completely different this week. Usually, I select my inspiration and then look for designer paper to complete the card.

this week I chose two of the colors in the rug and used them to complete my card.
My main colors are not quite navy and kiwi kiss and I used urban garden designer paper to accent the card.

my layout is from the verve mojomonday sketches- #107. I also used the verve stamp set "wishing you". I didn't have any navy brads to match my paper so I made faux ones.

I thought this would make a nice birthday card. I do have a few coming up in my family this month.

well, it's a wrap for another day. remember to leave me a comment. I like hearing from all my visitors.

card recipe:
stamps: wishing you (verve)
ink: not quite navy
paper: not quite navy, kiwi kiss, very vanilla, urban garden dsp
accessories: nesties, su ribbon originals

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails