Thursday, November 5, 2009

double challenge merry christmas


happy thursday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

I am still battling the remnants of a head cold. but life goes on even when you don't feel good.

I spent the majority of the day at church. we hired a new bookkeeper and I am her mentor for the week.

she is just perfect for this job. very creative and always thinking about ways to improve on what she is expected to do.

when I came home I quickly checked splitcoaststampers. when I saw the thursday challenge, my mojo started kicking in.

we were challenged to use stickers in any form on our card. I love using stickers and die-cuts. they help you create great looking cards.
I called this a double challenge because I used mercy kerins tuesday sketch challenge for my layout. love the sketches she gives us to use. thanks mercy!!

I used the stampin up christmas jingle kit. I have seen other bloggers making 30+ cards with this kit.
this is only my 5th card but there will be more. I havent posted the others yet so stay tuned!!

the merry christmas sentiment and the red holly, snowflake middle piece are the die-cut stickers. I punched 2 oval scalloped borders to frame the sentiment.

the kit also has textured card stock which I love. I used a cuttlebug folder to emboss the snowflakes and added some red nailheads.
well it's a wrap for today, my friends. if you like what I am posting, sign up for email delivery. it will come right into your in-box and its free!!
card recipe:
paper: su textured choc chip, real red, vv,
accessories: simply scrapin holiday jingle kit, oval punches, nailheads

1 comment:

  1. mary...this is so elegant and wonderful! love the embossing and the clean and simple lines...simply gorgeous!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week....you've done a phenomenal job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails