Sunday, November 22, 2009

december 25


happy sunday to you and thanks for taking some of your day to visit the charmed life blog.

its one of those peaceful, relaxing kind of days. the house is quiet and the sun is shining again here in pittsburgh.

we had a baby dedication at church today. our pastor's daughter had her little girl dedicated.

heather & chris have 3 children and their 2 little boys looked so sweet up on stage when the dedication ceremony was taking place. they had matching outfits on complete with ties. too cute I tell you!!

our pastor was beaming as he dedicated his granddaughter. we also had cake & coffee after service today. it gives everyone a chance to mingle a little instead of heading out the door right away.


now, onto my card for the day. I made this card for 2 challenges. the first is the featured stamper challenge on splitcoaststampers. we visit the featured stampers gallery and pick a card and then change at least 2 things about the card.
biggan (today's stamper) made an easter card with colored eggs. I changed it to christmas with presents-I used different paper, ribbon and a different shape for the image.

I really like this paper I found in my stash from the paper company called cool metallics. I embossed the ivory sheet with a new cuttlebug folder called winter borders.

my image is actually a rub-on from stampin-up and I placed it on the nestabilities labels 4 shape.
I also had this great pomegranate satin ribbon in my stash . Using up supplies, which is a good thing.
I kept basically the same shape of card except I made my a little longer. I wanted to do that since Friday's limited supplies challenge was to make a long and tall card.

well, it looks like it's a wrap for today my friends.

you can follow my blog in a couple of different ways if you like. you can sign up for an email sent right to your in-box - no spam, I promise!!
the other way is through goggle friend connect. both are on the right side of this page.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mary! So glad you visited my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant Christmas card, Mary!! So very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails