Tuesday, November 10, 2009

thankful, grateful, appreciative


happy tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

I just love tuesday. its the day I go over with my grandsons and spend a few hours after school with them.

today, it was homework time so my oldest grandson got most of the attention.

I live in another township about 45 min from them. It just so happens that this friday night our high school football team will play their team in a 2nd round playoff game.
we are all going to go, but they know I am cheering for my team not theirs.
we had a good time teasing each other about which team is better.

now onto my card for today. it covers 2 challenges: the mojomonday sketch challenge and splitcoaststampers tuesday color challenge.

the colors are vanilla, kraft and burgundy.
I used some new basic grey indian summer designer paper and a brad. it paired up well with the burgundy-at least I thought so.
I punched a leaf from the same designer paper.

I inked up a new stamp from the "wandering words" set on this card. I also used an older leaf embossing folder from sizzix on the other vanilla panel. I added some vanilla ribbon and that finished my card.

well, my friends its a wrap for another day. I finish my post with some words from psalm 25:

show me your ways oh Lord, teach me your paths.
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! What a lovely card!! It is always great to be thankful each and every day of the year!!! In saying that I am thankful for you beautiful blog and that is why I am awarding you with the Lovely Blog Award!!! Just drop by the link below to grab your badge and other info!!! Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing Psalm 25!

    http://sugardaisycreations.blogspot.com/2009/11/one-lovely-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this beautiful card, Mary!! Awesome work with these great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wandering words stamp set and you've made quite a beautiful card with it. I love the leaf in the scallop and the colors together. Great job with the mojo sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the two tone card here....simple and easy to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Thanksgiving cards are definitely not my strength but with this as inspiration I believe there is still hope for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails