Sunday, November 15, 2009

holiday jingle christmas


happy sunday to you and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog.

it was another sunny day here in pittsburgh and unusually warm for mid november.
even the announcer on the pitt football game last night commented on the weather.

pitt beat notre dame 27-22.

our local high school (bethel park) won their 2nd round playoff game on friday night, 32-14.
it was a bragging moment for me because they beat the school that my grandsons attend.

our steelers didn't do quite so well. they lost today to cincinnati 18-12.

with all this sports talk, I do hope I have some sports fans out there.

so onto my card for today. I made this one for the featured stamper challenge on splitcoaststampers. today, they featured dawn easton. she is one of my favorite stampers. I have used her ideas on many occasions.

the idea is to look through her gallery for some inspiration and then create a card. I chose this card of hers.

the squares on her card reminded me of ones that are in stampin-up holiday jingle kit. I wanted to use them to make a card and dawn's layout was perfect for it.

no stamping on this card. all the elements are from this kit from stampin-up. this kit is great. it's an easy way to make some really pretty cards with the die-cut images you get. they are designed for scrapbookers so even the adhesive is on them.
but, i see more and more rubber stampers using these kits. stampin-up has a nice selection.

I used textured choc chip and red cardstock on my card. The red dotted designer paper is from the kit as well.

I used an oval nestabilities to cut the scallop frame for the "merry christmas" sentiment. which is also part of the kit.

for my border i used a new border punch from fiskars called "upper crest".

my ribbon is from stampin-up-it was on clearance-love sales. its called alpine originals. I finished the card by adding red nailheads.

well, its a wrap for another day here in the charmed life land!!
I leave you this sunday evening with some words from


psalm 148:
praise the name of the LORD,
for his name alone is exalted;
his splendor is above the earth and the heavens
card recipe:
paper: su textured choc chip, real red
accessories: holiday jingle kit, alpine originals ribbon, nailheads, nesties

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails