Tuesday, November 24, 2009

aidin's card


happy tuesday and thanks for taking the time to visit the charmed life blog. today, I went over to meet my grandsons' school bus and take care of them until my son comes home from work.

I took their thanksgiving cards over to them. aidin (middle grandson) is such a hoot. he loves my cards and he studies every element on his card and comments about what he likes and doesn't like. I do a little extra on his card for that reason. he saves all my cards, by the way.

they won't be with us for thanksgiving this year. I have to share them with their other grandparents. we are having my husband's family for dinner.

but, as we talked today, I realized that traditions are being made for them from both families. aidin mentioned things that he likes about coming to both places.

I will miss not having them but they are coming to sleep over on friday night.
my husband & I just love sleep-overs and so do the boys.
we do the same things each time they come. we make popcorn and watch a movie.

they have their pillows and blankets spread out on the family room floor and just settle in. we have tried to do some different things but they end up asking for the popcorn and movie.

kids just love routine. it's their security-even at grandma's house. another tradition in the making for them.

I guess you can tell that I just love those boys and I am so thankful for all 3 of them. thanks for letting me go on about them.

now for my card. I am posting the card I made for aidin. Since it's a card expressing all the things I am thankful for, I am using it as card #2 for the stampin sisters in christ challenge

I used the cuttlebug embossing folder autumn type as my background.

the image is from darcie's stamps. she calls them "u-cuts". they are die cut images that you cut out-hence the name "u-cuts". I think they are such cute images.

I cut a rectangular nestabilities to showcase the image.

my paper is from bazzill-its called monochromatic orange. I bought it some years ago. don't even know if you can get it this way any longer. but the pack had 6 or 7 different shades of orange cardstock in it. they are all cut for an a2 card.

the designer paper is from chatterbox -tangerine outlet. i also used a scallop border punch.

well, its a wrap for another day from charmed life land. Looking forward to your comments on this card.

6 comments:

  1. Loved your write up. The card is so cute. The grandkids sound wonderful. Glad I found you through Stamping Sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sharing of your love for your grandchildren -- and a great card to go along with your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, what sweet thoughts of your grandsons. It brought tears to my eyes. I guess it's because I just had my GK here for Thanksgiving and we have started a tradition of stamping with them when they are here. GK's are a gift from God!

    Thanks for sharing your creations with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! That image you used is too cute! Don't you just love traditions? They hold such sweet memories.
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading about your special times with your grandsons, how fortunate you live so close to them that you can share in their lives. Great card. I'm sure it will pass inspection and get some nice comments from your small art advisor. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails