Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Nativity Screen Divider Card

Hello Blogger Friends. Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Hope you all had a great weekend and did something fun. I celebrated my birthday on Saturday. My hubby took me out to dinner at one of our local restaurants. I enjoyed a delicious pasta with grilled salmon in a creole sauce.  

And then we went to one of our favorite ice cream parlors and had a sundae. The parlor is part of a local chocolate factory, and the chocolate is incredible. The ice cream is covered with their warm milk chocolate. Can you say delicious! Back to watching calories now (LOL)!!!

Let's move onto my card for today. I have another fun fold card and this one is a screen divider card. I thought this fold and dies I used tell the Christmas story across the four panels. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I started this card by getting the screen divider cut and scored. The red panel measures 5 1/2" x 11" and is scored at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 8 1/4". I put a pencil mark at 1 3/8" on the first panel. This is the center of each panel and where I will place my punch to cut the base of the screen card.
There is a notch on the punch that I aligned with the pencil mark I made. I will make this same punch across each panel.
I folded the first punched panel back on itself to use as my guide for cutting. I forgot to take a photo of this in the red cardstock. I was going to use blue cardstock originally and then changed my mind. 
I used this same method to cut the other 2 panels. It made lining up the cuts so much easier using this method.
For the image panel sentiments, I used the Silent Night Forest die. and Joy to the World Tree die (Christmas 2019 collection). I also cut these in white cardstock.
The last panel has a computer-generated sentiment. I cut with the 3rd largest Oval die (2 3/8" x 1 3/8") To complement the sentiment I added a Christmas Star from the Journey to Bethlehem (Christmas 2018) die. I cut in yellow cardstock and added some wink of stella.
Now that the images, sentiments and panels are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the images with a combo of dimensional adhesive and clear drying glue.
This is an A2 size card does fold flat for mailing. It fits in the regular size envelope I mail my cards in.
For the back of the card, I added white cardstock to two of the panels and stamped 2 additional sentiments. Scattered a couple of red glitter enamel dots and this card is finished. 
Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time.......God bless. 

Dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
2.  Peace on Earth Christmas is anything goes. My joy to the world fits the pillow on the board. 
3.  CHNC challenge #112 is anything goes Christmas. 
4.  Creative Creases is anything goes with a fun fold. 
5.  Aud Sentiments is Christmas + a sentiment. 



  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and creative card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE CO-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, this is wonderful! I have never made a screen card and I thank you for the photo instructions. Great piece of work.
    Karen, DT for Creative Creases Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mary, this screen fun fold is wonderful and perfect for a holiday scene. Love it! I'm sure it would be on display for the Christmas season. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed screen card! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails