Sunday, September 4, 2022

Ho Ho Hoooot Holiday

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. Hope your weekend went well. 

We had our family over yesterday for dinner to celebrate my daughter-in-law's birthday. Everyone raved about the food so that made me happy.  I made chicken parmesan, zucchini stuffed with a sweet and hot sausage and spaghetti with a red sauce. 

The sauce was made from my garden tomatoes which I roasted. It really brings out the flavor of the tomatoes that way. 

We had a German chocolate cake for dessert, and someone also brought some macarons from a local French bakery. Both desserts were fabulous. It was an enjoyable evening as family time should be. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am using the new Christmas Owls die. I have a friend who loves owls so this one will go to her for Christmas. So, let's get started on some details of how I created this card.

Design Steps:
Since I knew the die I was going to use, I looked for a Christmas themed designer paper in my collection. I have these new Christmas papers from Stampin' Up. It's their "lights aglow specialty paper".  I liked the snowflakes and gold accents and thought it would work perfectly for my card. 

Green Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 5 1/4" x 5 3/8"
White Image Panel: 2nd largest Stitched Rectangle (2 7/8" x 3 7/8") die
Next, I cut the owl images in different shades of cardstock. The Merry Christmas phrase is from a 2018 Christmas release - Merry Christmas w/Deer Family
For added interest on the image panel I used a Cuttlebug "swirling snow" embossing folder. The sentiment is stamped in red ink. It's from Darcie's Stamps. 
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper and the image to the card base with double sided tape. Next, I attached the owl images with clear drying glue.
To finish off my card, I added the Merry Christmas phrase. And I have a Christmas card finished with one of the new dies of the season. So until next time.......God bless. 

Dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:
1.  CHNC #610 is anything goes Christmas w/option of using letter "S". I used snowflake paper. 
2.  Winter Wonderland has a Christmas animals challenge. 
3.  Aud Sentiments challenge is Christmas + a sentiment.
4.  Critter Crazy Challenge is anything goes featuring a critter. 
5.  Crafty Animals has anything goes with an animal. 




3 comments:

  1. A really lovely card with owls. I like the layout of the card, its colors and the cute little owls. Thanks for playing at CHNC! Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive owls. Thank you for taking part in the Christmas Aud Sentiments challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Fun images and love the embossed background. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails