Friday, September 9, 2022

Merry Christmas Tree

Hello Blogger friends! Happy Friday to you all. Hope you have some fun and/or crafty plans for the weekend. 

My hubby's tomato harvest is finally coming in and I will be in the kitchen tomorrow processing them. I have said before that working with his harvest is a craft to me. I worked on banana peppers for 2 days this week. I stuff them with a hot and sweet sausage and then freeze them for winter enjoyment. I have a big zucchini that I will turn into zucchini bread and also freeze. I should get 3 loaves out of it. My hubby enjoys eating that in the wintertime. Well to be honest - so do I. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am using the new Merry Christmas Tree die. So, let's get started with the details of how I created this card.

Design Steps:


Since I knew what die I wanted to use this week, I just needed a layout to show it off well. I checked out some sketches online and then found this one from Splitcoaststampers SC922. I thought it would work perfectly and allow me to use designer paper to take the card up a notch.
Now that I had my layout, I looked for a designer paper. I decided on this pattern that's from the Stampin' Up 2018  "joyous noel specialty"collection. It has copper accents, so I used a brushed copper cardstock as an accent layer. I attached it then remembered I forgot to take a photo (LOL). The card base is a rich wine shade- it's named merry merlot. It's also from Stampin' Up. 

Merry Merlot Card Base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Brushed Copper Layer: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Joyous Noel Designer Paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
I cut the tree image in a blue-green (tranquil tide) cardstock paper and the Merry Christmas phrase in the merry merlot- both coordinate with the designer paper. Used the largest (3 1/4" x 4 1/4") Stitched Rectangle die cut in a sand cardstock as the frame for the tree image.
Now for the element of the sketch with the horizontal lines, I decided not to cut the designer paper into strips. Instead, I cut 1/4" strips of the copper brushed cardstock and used those to divide the designer paper. Sketches are open to your interpretation, as long as you keep the layout looking similar.
Next, I attached the tree to the rectangle image panel with dimensional adhesive. Then the rectangle panel to the designer paper layer also using dimensional adhesive. This adhesive was just a bit thinner to give a slight lift from the designer paper. 
I also cut new stars for the tree image in copper brushed cardstock. The photo above shows them in gold. Added a few enamel dots to the image panel just for interest.
To complete my card, I attached the panels to the card base. And that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.

Dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  Krafty Chicks has a Christmas challenge. 
2.  Tic Tac Toe #178 challenge- I chose any shape die, free space and sentiment. 
3.  Addicted to Stamps and More has a Christmas challenge. 
4.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge is anything goes. 



2 comments:

  1. Amazing card. Well done Thanks for joining us at Patterned Paper Challenge

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Patterned Paper Challenge

    Je kan mij nu ook vinden op You tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlT4Rs1DfAZU_GLcM7Kx1g
    https://claudiaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous festive card, Mary and such a fabulous take on the sketch you used. Love your choice of colours and papers - the repetition of the gold on each layer really draws it all together beautifully.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails