Friday, September 16, 2022

Faith over Fear

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog today.

It's such a beautiful late summer day here in Pittsburgh. Next week is the official start of the fall season. Although the past few nights have been really cool. Hopefully we will still have warm sunny days because we have lots of tomatoes that need to ripen yet. 

My card for today is featuring a triangle easel fun fold design. Here is a link to a YouTube video to see how it's made. 

I am also guest designing on the Creative Creases Blog. It's an anything goes challenge using a fun fold design. I was so honored to be asked to guest design with them.

For my card. I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #911. We were to use soft succulent, sweet sorbet amd flirty flamingo for our color trio.  
Soft Seafoam, Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sorbet

A friend asked me to make a card for her friend who is battling breast cancer. So, I thought I would try to make one with this week's colors.

My card is emphasizing the flirty flamingo color but I did get all 3 of them in. I used the Baseball Cap die from CottageCutz and cut it from Stampin' Up designer paper. For the ribbon on the cap, I used the Hope die also from CottageCutz.

The designer paper on the card front is from the Stampin' Up "Pattern Party" collection. It is featuring the flirty flamingo color. To allow the card to stand up, I used the Hope die again and the ribbon symbol is the anchor. I attached this to soft seafoam cardstock.

The sentiment on the card front is stamped in watermelon wonder ink- sub for sweet sorbet. The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up "charming sentiments" stamp set. Debbie from The Secrets to  Stamping hosts this challenge and you can purchase it from her online store. 

I finished off my card by adding a few flirty flamingo enamel dots.

Well, that's it for me for this post. I hope you can join us over at the Creative Creases Blog for this new challenge. So, until next time ......God bless

Stamps: charming sentiments (Stampin' Up)
Paper: flirty flamingo, soft seafoam, basic white, pattern party dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: watermelon wonder
Accessories: baseball cap, hope dies (CottageCutz), flirty flamingo enamel dots (Stampin' Up)
Techniques: fun fold, twisted easel




3 comments:

  1. Mary, congrats on being Guest Designer at CCC. Your card is absolutely wonderful and I will be CASEing it! TFS.
    Karen, DT for CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love your sweet card and it's is such a lovely way of giving someone your support! I will be CASEing it too! Thanks for joining us at Creative Creases as our guest designer and hope you will be back in our gallery soon. Have a a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful support card Mary. Thank you for being our Guest Designer this round. I can't wait to see more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails