Saturday, September 10, 2022

Big Leap

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with the Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's an overcast day here in Pittsburgh which makes it perfect for me to be working on our vegetable harvest in my kitchen. If it's sunny outside, I feel like I am missing something by not being out in the sunshine (lol)!!!

I have lots of tomatoes that I want to roast and then freeze for wintertime enjoyment. I quarter the tomatoes, add lots of minced garlic (5 cloves), sliced onion (1 large), olive oil (4-5 Tbs.), salt & pepper and a balsamic glaze. Roast for 25-30 minutes on a large foil covered sheet pan and then puree in my food processor. That's all there is to it, and I have a delicious marinara sauce. Roasting the tomatoes is the key to bringing out their incredible flavor. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers CC893 challenge. We were to use soft seafoam, blushing bride and sahara sand for our color trio. Optional was to add enamel dots. 

blushing bride, soft seafoam, sahara sand

I needed a card for my grandson for a big accomplishment he just achieved. I recently purchased the Kate & Kari Kangaroo stamp set from Technique Tuesday and when I saw this sentiment the idea for my card was born.

I cut the kangaroos from the CottageCutz Mama Kangaroo & Joey die using baked brown sugar & sahara sand cardstock. I managed to get the blushing bride in with the kangaroo ears.

I stenciled a fun whirlpool pattern on the background with soft succulent ink. Added a few black enamel dots and my card is finished.


Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: kate & kari kangaroos (Technique Tuesday)
Paper: soft succulent, blushing bride, sahara sand, baked brown sugar (stampin' Up), bristol smooth (Canson)n sugar
Paper Size: A2
Ink: soft succulent, blushing bride (Stampin' Up), tuxedo black (Memento)
Accessories: whirlpool stencil (DecoArt), Mama Kangaroo & Joey (CottageCutz), black faceted enamel dots (Recollections)
Techniques: stenciling
I am also entering:
1. 
Crafty Catz has an anything goes with optional to use a stencil. 
2Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Cut It Up challenge is "so proud of you" or a congrats card. 
4.  Creative Knockouts has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Little Red Wagon has a "cute-cute-cute" challenge. 


5 comments:

  1. First of all, thank you for your spaghetti sauce recipe! Sounds really delicious. I copied it down!!

    Now, on to your card. Man, is that cute! I love how you positioned your kangaroos to look as if they were leaping and the adorable sentiment, and I love the background paper you used to emphasize the theme.

    Thank you for sharing your project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Such a perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card, your grandson will love it. Your recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing it.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card!! Love the sentiment and the adorable kangaroos you used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky guy to receive this adorable card. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails