Monday, August 29, 2022

Woodland Country Church

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. Hope you had a great weekend and found some time to be crafty. 

I had my cardmaking time on Friday. Then Saturday I spent doing household chores. We were having friends over on Sunday night, so I had a few things to get ready. Then I spent some time in the kitchen.

For me kitchen time is also craft time because I love to cook. I made a delicious pizza with pesto, chicken, spinach and tomatoes. We like my homemade ones better than anything we have bought from a pizza shop.   

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring a Christmas card using the CottageCutz Woodland Country Church  and the Merry Christmas w/Snowflakes dies.  

So let's get started with some details of how I created this card. 

Design Steps:

I started with my card colors. These ones were selected for the color challenge #906 on Splitcoaststampers. We were to use real red, garden green and silver. Perfect colors for this church image. 

real red, silver, garden green

I cut the church image in the challenge colors plus some allowed neutral shades.  For the snow I used a white glitter paper for a little added sparkle. 
The Merry Christmas phrase is cut in real red cardstock. The image is large enough that I thought one layer would be enough. Sometimes I double them up, but it wasn't necessary with this die.
For my image panel I used the Stampin' Up "falling snow" embossing folder for added background interest.
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the church image with double sided tape. For the larger tree, I used dimensional adhesive.

Next, I secured the Merry Christmas phrase with a clear drying glue.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to the card base. I kept the panels to just the base and image panel. That way the images would be the star of the show. To get the silver color in, I added these snowflake images from my stash and used a silver sequin in the middle.
 Real Red Card Base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
White Image Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Well, that's it for me for this post. So Until next time.......God bless. 

Dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  Peace on Earth Christmas has an anything goes. I picked up on the background falling snow for my outdoor scene.
2.  CHNC challenge #609 is anything goes w/optional of embossing. I used an embossing folder. 
3.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Cardz 4 Galz wants us to use 3 of anything- 3 silver sequins & 3 trees
5.  Crafts Galore Encore Challenge has an anything goes. 

6 comments:

  1. Simply BEAUTIFUL! Looks so calm & peaceful! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card! I love the scene you created!
    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
    Debbie - C4G DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card design and the Christmas scene is fabulous. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles and hope to see you again soon.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Christmas card with the required threesome. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scene and I love that glitter. Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful! I love everything about it. Thank you for joining us for the Polkadoodles Saturday Crafting Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Xoxo, Kim DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails