Saturday, August 27, 2022

Fun Fold Golf Birthday Card

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Saturday of August. 

It's harvest time here at the Marsh household.  I was in my kitchen all day on Thursday. We had another harvest of basil and I made pesto and put it in the freezer for wintertime enjoyment. We also had another harvest of banana peppers. I like to stuff those with a combo of hot and sweet sausage and freeze them as well. I shared a panful of these with a friend who came to visit on Thursday night. He was so grateful since banana peppers are his favorite. 

Today I will roast some tomatoes. Our big harvest on those hasn't come in yet. When it does, I will be in the kitchen for days preparing those. It's a time of year I do enjoy as I see the work of my hubby's hands be used for food for us. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  My card today is featuring the new Golfer SilhouettePutting GreenGolf Cart  and Golf Bag & Clubs dies. I made this for my hubby's friend. He has a September birthday and is also an avid golfer. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I love trying different fun fold techniques. I ran across this one while perusing Pinterest one night. You know how that can be! I thought the fold would be great to show off some of the golf dies.

I started by selecting my card colors and designer papers. I decided on these ones that had a masculine appeal and also the one pattern looked like trendy golf balls. At least that's what I thought (LOL)!!!
Here is a diagram of the cardstock size and where it's to be scored.
Fold both these panels into the center and burnish on the folds. Added a piece of white cardstock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" to inside of card. This will be decorated as well.
Next, I cut the designer paper for the front panels. On the lower panel I used the striped paper and cut it at 2" x 4". The top panel I used the "golf ball" paper and I cut it at 3" x 4".

For my image panel I used the 2nd largest (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") Stitched Rectangle Die and cut it in red cardstock. I used the 3rd largest (2 1/4" x 3 1/4") Rectangle Die and cut in white cardstock. I stenciled some clouds and added some grass using the Spring Grass die. It's an older die but still available.
I cut my golfer silhouette in navy blue cardstock and used dimensional adhesive to secure to card. On the image panel, only use adhesive to the top part of the panel to allow the card to open.
Now to the card inside, I used the Putting Green & Golf Bag & Clubs dies. I stamped the sentiment in navy ink to complete this part of the card.
Normally I don't do anything to an envelope, but I am not mailing this card. It will be hand delivered. I already had the golf card die cut and it didn't work on the inside of the card. So, I decided to use it on the envelope and also added the word phrase "par". It was cut from the Stitched Alphabet die.
To complete the front of my card, I added a "happy birthday" phrase. I stamped on white cardstock and then added blue and red flags for interest. Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time......God bless. 

Dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1.  Creative Creases has an anything goes with a fun fold. 
2.  Daring Cardmakers has an "in the long run" challenge. Golfers hit long shots. 
3.  Cardz 4 Guys has a "use a stencil" challenge. I stenciled some clouds. 
4.  Country View Challenge is birthday. 
5.  Craftyhazelnuts Patterned Paper Challenge is anything goes.



8 comments:

  1. I love this asymmetric fold card! A great masculine birthday card! Thank you for joining the August challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly masculine...and your choice of stencil is perfect!! Thanks for playing along with our "stencil" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another sports card...you know how to make them and make them great! I know this is about your entering it in the Creative Creases Challenge, thank you by the way, but I just have to ask if you can share the recipe for the stuffed banana peppers. I have never had one. I need to do something with my basil plant but pesto is such a chore for me and pine nuts are soooo expensive!
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine fun fold card, Mary! You added just the right details to make this a really card for an avid golfer. Love it! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous golfing details and a great fold too! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s a long design when it’s unfolded, too! Great card for a golfer, I’m sure he’ll love it. Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fun fold cards. And I love how many golf images and details you were able to fit into your card! Thanks for sharing it with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome fold and scene. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails