Friday, August 5, 2022

Sweet Treat For You

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. It's been awhile since I posted on my Blog but for good reason. I had my son, daughter-in-law and precious granddaughter here from California for a visit. 

It was such a wonderful family time. We went to dinner at my other son's home and celebrated his birthday. We had our family reunion which was also a great family time. Less people showed up this year although I am not sure why. But we are on que again for Christmas time. 

My granddaughter and I went swimming in my neighbors pool every day. She loves doing that. We had a lemonade stand in front of my home. I was amazed at the generosity of people. Some just stopped and gave a donation. She earned $53 which she was happy with. She is quite the little entrepreneur just like her Dad. 

Now my home is quiet again and I miss her. She wants me to come out for a visit soon. I am thinking maybe September with my daughter-in-law and we will make it a girl's trip. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #897 on Splitcoaststampers.  We were to use pale papaya, calypso coral and bermuda bay for our color trio. Optional was to use something new. I am using a new CottageCutz die- Fountain Sundae.
pale papaya, calypso coral, bermuda bay

I seem to be into fun folds lately and this one is called a double easel fold. Here is a link to a video if you want to see the process.

The fountain sundae is cut in the challenge colors plus a neutral of gray. My designer papers are from the Stampin' Up "oh so ombre" collection and the "pocketful of cheer" Paper Pumpkin Kit. The "holder" for the easel is contents from the same kit.

Stamped my sentiment to finish off the front of the card.

This is the inside of my card and it's a birthday card for a friend, so I decided to add a "gift card" holder. I am giving her a gift card to a local ice cream parlor. They make the most delicious Sundaes.

The sentiments are stamps from Stampin' Up and Hero Arts. The gift card holder is designer paper from the "pocketful of cheer" Paper Pumpkin Kit.


Well, that's it for me for this post so until next time......God bless. 

Card details:
Stamps: jolly gingerbread (Paper Pumpkin Kit Nov 2020), pocketful of cheer (Paper Pumpkin Kit March 2016), Cupcakes (Hero Arts)
Paper: bermuda bay, calypso coral, pale papaya, basic white, oh so ombre dsp (Stampin' Up) grey (Bazzill)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: bermuda bay (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: fountain sundae, circle dies (CottageCutz), Pocketful of Cheer Paper Pumpkin (March 2016)
Techniques: double easel fun fold
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Aud Sentiments has a Summer + a Sentiment challenge.  
3.  C.R.A.F.T. challenge is summer. 
4Moving Along With The Times has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  Retro Rubber Challenge has an anything goes- stamps 5 yrs & 10 yrs



7 comments:

  1. Brilliant card.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Mary, and a great fold! Ice cream is always spot on, this pretty sundae looks delish! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. Hope you can join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great Summer themed card.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is a lot of fun! I love the summer colours you have used, making me want ice cream! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card design and image. Love the colors. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wouldn't want ice cream in summer!. Thank you for joining in the Aud Sentiments challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails