Saturday, July 23, 2022

Buzzin' By

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for stopping by today to visit with The Charmed Life Blog. 

Hope you have some fun plans for the weekend. It's summertime and a chance to get out and enjoy yourself. We are going to a barbecue at a friend's home later today. That will be fun with about 10 couples in attendance. I am making an appetizer to share. I have made it before and it's always a hit. Using the fresh cucumbers from my hubby's garden. Here is a link to the recipe.

Now onto my post for today. This card I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  I am featuring the new Bee Gnome and Bee Phrases die. My friend has been sick with a lingering sinus infection and her hubby with complications from Covid. I want them to know I am thinking of them as well as praying for them. So, let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I started my card by stamping my sentiment. It is such a large one that I wasn't sure how many images I would be able to use. I wasn't getting a good image with this stamp even using my MISTI. After wasting several pieces of cardstock, I tried Versafine instant dry pigment ink. That was the ink that worked on this stamp.

After I stamped the sentiment, I used a Nuvo glitter gloss pen for some interest. It looks splotchy in some of the photos but IRL it's a nice even sparkle.

Daffodil Yellow Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Black Layering Panel: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"
Daffodil Image Panel: 3 5/8" x 4 7/8"
Next, I cut the images from cardstock. For the gnome wings I used vellum and then shaded with some tumbled glass distress ink. I was going to use the hive from the Bee Gnome die But I thought the gnome would be perfect with the sentiment wording. He looks like he is saying "hi" and bringing some flower love!
My elements are prepared I am ready to start card assembly. I secured the image panel to the black layering panel with double sided tape. The gnome is attached with dimensional adhesive.  I laid out the honeycombs until I was satisfied with their placement and then secured them with Art glitter glue (clear drying). For a little added interest, I paper pieced some dotted designer paper in the honeycombs.
To finish off my card, I attached the panels to the card base and scattered a few sequins and black enamel dots. That's it for me for this post. So, until next time.....God bless. 
 


Dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  Through the Craft Room Door has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Arty Divas has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Love to Craft Challenge is anything goes. 
4.  The Creative Crafters has an anything goes.
5.  Fab 'n' Funky has an anything goes. 



4 comments:

  1. Lovely card gret sentiment and colours, thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card!! Thanks so much for participating in our CREATIVE CRAFTERS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww your Gnome is super sweet! Thanks for joining us over at Arty Divas this month, Angela (DT) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails