Sunday, July 17, 2022

Sweetest Birthday Wishes

Hello Blogger Friends! Happy Sunday to you. Hope your weekend is going well.

I went to a Rubber Stamp show yesterday in the Pittsburgh area. I went alone since I don't have any friends locally who are card makers. I had a great time browsing all the vendor products. 

There was even a new vendor there "The Ton". This company has been around for about 7 years, but I just heard of them. They have some really beautiful layering stencils.  I did a make and take with the peony stencil. I loved how it turned out. I did the make and take after I spent the last of my money at her booth. So, I do have some of her items on my wish list. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. Today for your viewing pleasure I created a birthday card. That seems to be the most needed card of the ones I send. So, I can never have enough of these. I have a big extended family plus the friends I send birthday greetings to.

I am featuring the new Strawberry Treats die. So, let's get started on some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I wanted to use on my card and then chose my designer paper & card base.  My designer paper and cardstocks are al from Stampin' Up. 

Fresh freesia card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White border strip: 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Fresh Freesia Designer Paper: 3 1/4" x 5 1/2"


Attached to the card base with double sided tape.
Next, I cut the cake image and the sweetest phrase in colors that complemented the base and designer. Instead of the strawberry that is part of the cake design I decided to add flowers. I didn't think a red strawberry would look good with the shades of purple I was using.
I decided to place the images on a circle. I had this one in my supplies already cut from the Wacky Stitched Circle die. It's the 2nd largest one - approximately 3 1/8". I attached the circle with double sided tape and the images with dimensional adhesive.
To finish off this first card, I attached the sweetest phrase, stamped an additional greeting on a banner and added a few light purple gems.
Well, that's it for me for this Blog post. So until next time......God bless. 

Dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
2.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
3.  Aud Sentiments has an anything goes with a sentiment. 
4Creative Knockouts has a celebrations challenge. 
5.  The Paper Shelter has a birthdays celebration. 

3 comments:

  1. So cute card with beautiful colours, I love it! Thank you for joining The Paper Shelter challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's a fun adventure to go to a show without friends so you can shop at your own speed. Sounds like you had a great time. Love this purples you used on your cute card. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Crafting! Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had events like yours in our city! I actually prefer to go on my own so I can take my time and wander - sounds like a wonderful outing. I love this die set and the purples are beautiful. Fabulous creation. So glad you joined us for our Celebrations Challenge at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails