Sunday, October 2, 2022

Thankful for Friends

Hello Blogger Friends! Happy Sunday to you! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog. 

I have been missing in action on my Blog because it's harvest time here at the Marsh household. My hubby's tomatoes have been later this year and it's kept me busy for the last week to 10 days. And, I am still not done. I have at least 40 waiting for me to roast. 

I did something a bit different this year. I roasted several batches and then put them in jars and canned. It was a tip from my daughter-in-law. I have 5 jars of roasted marinara sauce and about 6 quarts in my freezer. I am not sure if I will freeze or can all that are still coming. My freezer is almost full with all that I harvested this year plus all the extra chicken I have been buying. That's why canning might be the only option at this point.  

Now onto my card for today. This card I created using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #912. We were to use crushed curry, poppy parade and garden green for our colors. Optional was to make a Fall card. 
crushed curry, poppy parade, garden green

Since we are coming into my favorite time of the year, I decided to make a Thanksgiving card with these beautiful colors. For my leaves, I first die-cut my leaves from Bristol smooth cardstock and then ink blended barn door and fozzilized amber distress ink. These colors are a good match for the Stampin' Up shades.

I pressed them in Ranger Perfect Medium and then used clear embossing powder. This technique makes the leaves really pop. It's a technique I picked up from Kittie on the Kittie Kraft Paper Creations blog. 

My background paper is from an older Stampin" Up Paper Pumpkin Kit- Gift of Fall. I love the ink blended background. I layered it on a crumb cake (kraft) panel then crushed curry and my card base is the poppy parade. 

The sentiment is from the same kit. Finished off my card with a few crushed curry enamel dots. First Thanksgiving card of the season is done. Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless.

Card Details:
Stamps: gift of fall (Paper Pumpkin 2019)
Paper: poppy parade, crushed curry, crumb cake, bristol smooth cardstock (Canson)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: choc chip (Stampin' Up), barn door, fozzilized amber distress inks, perfect medium (Ranger),
Accessories: Paper Pumpkin Kit Aug 2019, crushed curry enamel dots (Stampin' Up), fall leaves die (CottageCutz), embossing powder (Recollections)

I am also entering:
1. The Paper Players has a theme challenge- changing seasons Autumn. Love Fall & Thanksgiving. 
2.  MTTC challenge #491 is to pick 3 Autumn colors- red, yellow & green are mine. 
3.  TTTC challenge #181. I chose Autumn colors, enamel dots and ink blending. My leaves are ink blended as is my background designer paper. 
4.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has an anything goes challenge. 
5.  TaylorMade Cards4U has an anything challenge goes w/optional of Halloween/Fall. 


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Mary, with the rich autumn colors on your background and cards. Beautiful design and wonderful sentiment! Sounds like you had a late bumper crop of tomatoes and the roasted ones would definitely be my faves! So nice to see you joining us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary. I love how you blend you kit pieces with other elements to come up with such pretty cards - so creative! Thank you for joining us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary: You've taken time to craft a terrific Pick 3 Autumn card for MTTC! Thanks for participating with your lovely card entry! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails