Saturday, October 8, 2022

Hangin' with my Gnomies

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Well fall is upon us - days are getting shorter, the nights are getting much cooler and our furnace is running. Our vegetable gardens are still producing but this weekend might be the end of all that. We are expecting a frost tonight. Most of our tomatoes have ripened and I have done my roasting, freezing and or canning. 

I haven't had the time to get my Fall decorations up as yet. I usually do that mid-September but life has been busy with other things. I hope to get to it this weekend. I usually start Christmas decorating right after Thanksgiving, so these Fall decorations need to be put out asap!

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #915 on Splitcoaststampers and for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  For the color challenge we were to use soft suede, pale papaya and pear pizzazz. Optional was to add shades. In other words, add any darker or lighter shades of the challenge colors.
soft suede, pale papaya, old olive
I took the option this week and used darker shades of the colors to create my Halloween card. For the pale papaya, I used pumpkin pie, for the pear pizzazz I used old olive and mossy meadow and for soft suede I used choc chip and a metallic brown cardstock (cat's bowtie). Also, to get a darker shade of the soft suede I sponged the soft suede sleeve of the gnome with soft suede ink.

My layout was from the Paper Player #610 sketch. 
My dies are from the new Halloween release by CottageCutz. I used the Spooky Tree Gnome die. 

I stenciled my background image panel with carved pumpkin distress ink and a Tim Holtz stencil. The sentiments are stamps from Sweet Pea Designs and MFT. I finished off my card with a few pale papaya gems.

Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time.....God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: gnome sweet gnome (Sweet Pea Designs), pretty pumpkin (MFT)
Paper: soft suede, pumpkin pie, choc chip, old olive, mossy meadow, baked brown sugar, pumpkin pie dsp (Stampin' Up), metallic luster (Bazzill), cashew stenciled vines dsp (Lasting Impressions
Paper Size: A2
Ink: pumpkin pie, soft suede, choc chip (Stampin' Up), carved pumpkin distress ink (Ranger)
Accessories: spooky tree gnome, double stitched rectangle dies (CottageCutz), hocus pocus layering stencil (Tim Holtz), pale papaya gems (Stampin' Up)
Techniques: stenciling

I am also entering:
1. The Most Magical Time of the Year - challenge #1 - 365 Days of Halloween and Christmas 
2.  Aud Sentiments Challenge is Halloween/Fall with a sentiment.
3.  Craft Rocket Challenges is Autumn/Halloween. 
4.  Crazy is our fame- Stencils are our game challenges is stencils w/optional Halloween colors. 
5.  A Perfect Time to Craft is anything goes. 
 




3 comments:

  1. Oh Mary this is such a cute, cute creation! What a fun scene & awesome inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments . Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. FaBOOlous, love the cute images!

    Most Magical Time of the Year Challenges is all about celebrating 365 days of Halloween and Christmas:
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com
    Crazy for Cats Challenges is all about the kitty cats:
    https://crazyforcatschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails