Saturday, January 29, 2022

Easter Cross (new die)



Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Saturday in January. 

It's a brisk day here in Pittsburgh but lots of sunshine. That always brightens the day for me.

I don't have any big plans for today. My craft room needs straightened up and I am also in the process of organizing my die collection. Once that's done I will be on the lookout for stencil organizing ideas. I currently have them on a Tim Holtz carousel storage. It just takes up too much room on my desk, so I am looking for other ideas.  

My MFT stamps & dies also need organized. I bought an Interline plastic container a few months ago to do this but nothing has happened as yet. That's on my immediate to do list. 

Anyway, onto my card for this post. Today, I have a religious one for you using the Easter Cross w/Flowers die. Which, I believe, is the reason we celebrate Easter. I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:  
Since I knew what die I was going to use to create my card and I sort of had a layout in mind, I looked for a subtle designer paper that would work. I wanted paper that wouldn't overtake the cross. I found this one with a floral image on it.

Yellow Card Base: 4 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Light Purple Oval: 3rd largest from the Stitched Oval
White Oval: 3rd largest from the Oval Set.
Next, I cut the cross and flowers in colors that complemented the yellow papers.

I wanted to use one of the new phrase sentiments that were just released. I chose the alleluia phrase from Faith Sentiments die. I cut it in 2 shades of purple because I wasn't sure which one to use. My cards are always a work in progress.
Now that all my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I decided to use some ribbon on my card that matched one of the shades of purple on the cross. I attached that to the designer paper and then that layer to the card base with double sided tape.
For the cross, I used dimensional adhesive to slightly lift it off the oval background. At this point I decided to change the flower colors. I made them all yellow, and I liked that better. I added the alleluia phrase. I went with the darker purple one. I thought that made more of a statement on the card. Added a few yellow enamel dots and this card is complete. 

Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time.........God bless.

dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:

1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional to add flowers. 
2Creative Knockouts has a die cuts/punches challenge. 
3.  Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 



  


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love the yellow and purple. So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful Mary! Love the colors together and the dies are fabulous!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts this week- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Mary! I love that die. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at Creative Knockouts this week and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz hope you will join us in our new challenge starting Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for Challenge #3 at Gem of a Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails