Saturday, February 12, 2022

Ewe Are So Sweet

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's Valentine's Day weekend. I had a Galentine's Party on Wednesday night. First time event for me and it was such a fun night. I had lots of good food and invited 3 of my girlfriends. 

We each brought a gift that started with the first letter of either our first, middle or last name. I gave a box of Merci chocolates and some mandarin oranges that had the stems and leaves on them. It made for a fancier presentation. I put them in a new faux leather bag that I had on hand and probably wouldn't use. It seemed like everyone got a gift that was so appropriate for them. I definitely plan on doing this again next year. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am featuring some new Spring dies and created a slimline card for Easter. 

I used the Circle Windows Slimline die to place the sheep. I cut some blue patterned paper from my stash. I liked the soft whimsical appeal. On my white card base, I used a stencil and stenciled some clouds with broken china distress ink.

white card base: 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
blue patterned paper: 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
I cut the sheep, tulips and grass with cardstock. For the tulips I used 2 shades of purple cardstock. I cut more than I would need because I wasn't sure how I was going to place them.
In the center window, I stamped my sentiment using a grape ink.
Now that all my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached just the top portion of the designer paper to the card base. I wanted some wiggle room to get my grass and tulips positioned on the lower portion of the card. The grass is attached with glue dots and the sheep with dimensional adhesive.
To finish off my card I added some of the tulips to the circle windows and that completes this design. I then secured the bottom of the designer paper with double sided tape and liquid glue. And that's it for me for this post. I hope you all have a great weekend and have some fun plans to celebrate Valentine's Day. So until next time.......God bless. 

I am also entering:
1.  The Paper Funday is anything goes. 
2.  Critter Crazy Challenge is anything goes with a critter. 
3.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Classic Design Challenge is anything goes. 
5.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes challenge. 


 

6 comments:

  1. Amazing card. Well done Thanks for joining us at Patterned Paper Challenge

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Patterned Paper Challenge

    https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Galentine's Day party sounds like a lot of fun and a great idea. I may do that next year and I like the gift idea also. Your card is very sweet and I love the design layout. Thanks for entering your lovely project in our challenge at The Paper Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a awesome make and nice colours!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun!! And those little die cut sheep are just adorable! Thank you for playing along with Critter Crazy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute design and nice layout on your blog. Thanks for joining us on Critter Crazy Challenge Blog. Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Those sheep are so cute.

    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails