Friday, February 25, 2022

Bunny Cottage

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

I can't believe that we are almost through February. The days are getting longer, and Spring is approaching soon. Even though we are a couple of months away from Easter, I am making my cards. I send about 10-12 cards out for Easter. So, I need to get them made now. 

My card for today is a whimsical card using the cute Hello Spring Bunny Cottage. So, let's get started on some details of how I created this card.

Design Steps:

Since I knew the die, I was going to use, I looked for a layout that would allow the image to be front and center and also use some designer paper. I found this sketch online from the Tuesday Morning Sketches Blog and thought it would work well.
Then I looked through my paper collection for something to coordinate with the playful image. I found these papers with a stripe, a geometric pattern and one that had an ombre appeal.

Card Base:
4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Background designer paper layers: 2" x 5 3/8"
Angled border layer: 2 3/8" x 4 1/4"
Designer paper angled layer: 2 1/4" x 4 1/8"

Next, I cut my images in shades of cardstock that matched the designer paper.
Image panel border: 3 7/8" x 2 3/4"
Image Panel: 3 3/4" x 2 5/8"
The images were attached with glue dots and Art Glitter Glue adhesive (dries clear). I stenciled some clouds on the white panel with salvaged patina distress ink. I used dimensional adhesive to lift it off the background layers slightly.
And that's my card for this post. I will stamp an Easter greeting on the card inside. This one will be for my next-door neighbor. She has 2 little ones. So, until next time.......God bless. 

die I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  Creative Knockouts has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Paper Craft Crew Challenge - tic tac toe- I have patterned paper, animals, ink blended the clouds.
3Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge. 




 

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card Mary! Love the fun background papers too but the focal die cut image is absolutely adorable!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Cute die cuts. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the colors and your cute house!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails