Sunday, February 13, 2022

Be My Valentine

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

It's the day before Valentine's Day, and I wanted to get more of my Valentine cards posted. This one I made for a friend's granddaughter who is taking ice skating lessons. When I saw this cute fox with ice skates, I knew it would be perfect for her. 

For my layout I used the sketch #890 from Splitcoaststampers. I thought the mini slimline layout would be perfect to showcase this new die. 
The background heart paper is from the Stampin'-Up "have a cuppa" collection. I placed the fox on designer paper from the "in good taste" collection. I thought it had the appearance of an ice pond.

For elements 2, 3 & 5 of the sketch, I used a combo of square and rectangle dies from CottageCutz. 

The "be my valentine" phrase is from an older CottageCutz die. It's the "Be My Valentine Puppies" die. I scattered a few hearts and that completes my card for today. So, until next time.......God bless.

card details:
 
Paper: bermuda bay, melon mambo, gorgeous grape, cinnamon cider, have a cuppa dsp, in good taste dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: 7" x 3 1/2"
Accessories: winter fox skating, be my valentine puppies, square and rectangle dies (CottageCutz)

I am also entering:
1.  Cut It Up has a love or Valentine's challenge. 
2.  Daring Cardmakers has a "my sweet Valentine" challenge. 
3.  Creative Knockouts has a Love/Valentine's Day challenge. 
4Crafty Gals Corner has a "Add a Heart" challenge. 
5.  Little Red Wagon has a "Be my love-Valentine" challenge. 








8 comments:

  1. So adorable, gorgeous card..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Lots of fun. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is so adorable and perfect for a skater! Great colors and design! So happy you shared with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background paper and the adorable little foxy, so darn cute! So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts for our Love/Valentine's Day Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of that sketch, Mary! Lovely papers. Thanks so much for playing along and supporting our little challenge at Creative Knockouts. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the die cut fox, so much detail. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so adorable Mary! Great slimline card and fun die cut image!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails