Saturday, February 19, 2022

Miss Bunny Sends Hugs

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this wintry Saturday in February. 

We are in the middle of a snow squall right now. Forecast is 1"-3" of snow. I have to keep reminding myself that it's not even the 2nd month of winter yet. We started having a couple of Spring like days this week and it made me forget winter. But today it's back to what time of year it really is. I don't have any travel plans for today, so the snow is fine with me. I am going to make some soup and enjoy the day.  

Now onto my Blog post for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. Today, I have for your viewing pleasure a whimsical card for Easter featuring the new Miss Spring Bunny die. This one will go to my precious little granddaughter. 

Design Steps:
I decided to make a fun fold card for today's post. This fold is called a center step. I bought these precut cardstock panels at my local stamp store. I felt it was a bonus when I spotted them. I used Stampin' Up "oh so ombre" designer paper in the bermuda bay and granny apple green colors for the center and side panels and layered with the coordinating cardstock. 

The center panel is 4 3/8" x 3 1/4" and the side panels are 1" x 4 3/8". I attached the panels to the card base with double sided tape.
I cut my bunny image with various colors of  Stampin' Upcardstock. I used colors that would coordinate with the designer paper panels and also project a spring vibe.

Next, I stamped my sentiment in a grape ink. It was a bit tricky because the panel was already attached, and I didn't want to remove it.

My stamp is a red rubber wood base, so I had to use my stamp-a-ma-jig for alignment. When I use this method, I only get one shot at inking because I can never line it up straight again. It didn't stamp quite as dark as I wanted but I think it's ok.
I attached my bunny image with glue dots and double-sided tape.
I decided to add a hugs phrase on the image panel. I used the Hugs w/Shadow die. Then for the side panels I added some tulips. I cut them from the Spring Kitten w/Envelope die in a light purple cardstock.
I finished off my card by scattering a few butterflies and adding a few hearts on the sentiment panel. Well, that's it for me for this post. So, until next time........God bless.
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes w/optional to add sentiment. 
2.  Creative Creases has an anything goes with a fun fold. 
3.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Creative Knockouts has a 2 or more patterned papers challenge. Stampin' Up ombre designer              paper collection for my card. 
5.  Sisterhood of Crafters has a feminine + flowers challenge. 


  

7 comments:

  1. A fabulous card in beautiful colours, love your cute die cut bunny.
    Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cute card. I saw it on Crafty Catz.
    Also thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, this is so, so adorable!!! Certainly brought a smile to my face! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely the cutest bunny on a card I've ever seen, Mary! Love the center step fun fold that really showcases her. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm back again to see this sweet card! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards Mary and all the fun dies you use!

    Thank you for playing along with us in our 2 or more pattern paper challenge this week at Creative Knockouts! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and thanks for sharing at crafty catz hope to see you joining in our Anything Goes challenges again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails