Saturday, March 5, 2022

Hippity Hoppity

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in March. 

We are expecting Spring like weather today in our area. My hubby and I were already out for a 3 mile walk this morning. It is still brisk, but we quickly warmed up. Our walking path takes us around our high school grounds. Kids were already out practicing on the fields and on the track with their respective sporting teams. So good to see and mask free!

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I used the new Spring Window w/Peekers and the Spring Sentiments dies. I thought this card would be perfect for the two little ones who live next door to me. So, let's get started on some details of how I created my card.

 Design Steps:
Since I knew the image die I was going to use, I looked for some background designer paper with a brick pattern.  I selected this one from the Stampin' Up bloom where you are planted" collection because I liked the color of the brick, so I paired it with the matching cardstock and then a just jade cardstock base.

Just Jade card base: 4 1/2" x 5 3/4"
Cinnamon Cider layering panel: 4 3/8" x 5 5/8"
Cinnamon Cider designer paper: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Next, I cut the window and bunny with colored cardstock that coordinated with the designer paper and card base.

I cut out my hippity - hoppity phrase in the jade cardstock. I cut it 2x in jade and then once in white foam sheet and glued together with Art Glitter glue.
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the cinnamon layer with double sided tape. Then the window is secured with dimensional adhesive. I wanted it lifted off the panel to give it more depth.

I removed the backing from the white foam and attached the hippity hoppity phrase to my card. Then attached the image panel to the jade card base to complete my card. And, that's my card for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 
Dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:
1.  A Gem of a Challenge is anything goes. 
2.  Crafty Calendar has a spots/stripes or Easter challenge.
3.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
4.  Aud Sentiments has an Easter or Spring sentiment challenge. 
5.  Craft Rocket challenge wants us to use an animal. 
6.  Simon Says Stamp wants us to add a die cut. 




7 comments:

  1. Cute card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Craft Rocket Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and design. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
    Best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute image and sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails