Saturday, March 26, 2022

Hello from the Spring Kitten

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit this last Saturday in March. Wondering out loud where this month has gone!

Hope you have some fun plans on this Spring weekend. We have friends who bought some large acreage in a rural area and plan on building a house on it. They have invited us and some other church leaders to come out today and pray over the land. We are looking forward to it. So, I wanted to get this post done before we leave. 

This card I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. My card is featuring the new Spring Kitten w/Envelope die. Instead of using it for a Spring or Easter card I created a thinking of you card. I will send this one off to my friend who lives in another state, and I haven't seen her since the pandemic started. Hopefully that will change soon.

Since I knew the type of card I wanted to make and the die I was going to use, I just needed to select the card and image colors. I looked through my designer papers and I found an envelope with some nice shading on it. It was too nice to use as an envelope to send in the mail and then throw away. So, I cut the envelope apart and used it for my card background. I am also using a papaya ribbon for an accent on my card. 


Pale Papaya Card Base - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer - 4" x 5 1/4"
I cut the envelope, tulips and kitten in colors that coordinated with the papaya cardstock I was using. All paper is from Stampin' Up
I cut the hello phrase from the Hello w/Shadow die. I used coral cardstock and sponged the shadow layer for a color variance.

Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the ribbon and designer paper to the card base with double sided tape.
The image and hello phrase are attached with dimensional adhesive. I scattered some enamel dots and that completes my card and this post. So until next time.......God bless.

dies I used to create card:
I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Calendar challenge is spots/stripes or Easter.
2.  C.R.A.F.T. challenge is anything goes. 
3.  A Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes.   
4.  Through the Craft Room Door has an anything goes challenge. 
5 Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CRAFT Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us for the Polkadoodles Friday Crafting Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Xoxo, Kim DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails