Saturday, April 2, 2022

Easter Pop-Up Card

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in April. Just a couple of weeks until Easter now. I have all of my cards made, and I just need to get them in the mail.  

Today I am showing a pop-up card. I have never made one before and I was happy with how this turned out. I followed this video that I found on YouTube from Lisa Curcio's channel. Let's get started with some details on my card. 

Design Steps:
My card is featuring the Bunny Express Engine die. I used the packaging as an assist to help with the colors. I used Stampin' Up cardstock. Then I looked through my designer papers for a fun pattern that would work for a whimsical Easter card. I found this dotted paper that I thought was cute and decided to go with it. The coordinating light purple cardstock would work well on the card inside to display the engine when it pops-up.

Next, I worked on my pop-up panel mechanism. I started with cardstock that measures 3 1/2" x 4 1/4". I scored it at 3/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4" and 3". I used my bone folder on the score lines. Then I added some red line tape to the end of the score lines- it's the 1/2" part at the end of the cardstock.

I removed the top layer to expose the tape and then closed the cardstock to form the mechanism for the pop-up. It should look like a cube of sorts.
Before I attach the pop-up mechanism, I worked on the inside of the card. I stamped a sentiment on white cardstock and added a small panel of designer paper to the bottom.
 
Now I can attach the pop-up mechanism. I added red line tape to the section that I wanted to face down on the card. It's the part where the seam is, and I didn't want that to show.
 
I then attached the mechanism to the inside of the card. It should sit just below the score line, so it doesn't interfere with the card when it opens. I added more red line tape to the back of the mechanism that will attached to the card base.
Removed the tape and closed the card to secure the back of the mechanism to the card base.
 
I moved back to the card front to attach the designer paper. I added the Happy Easter sentiment from the Spring Sentiments die. It's cut in the misty moonlight cardstock. I cut an oval from the freesia cardstock and attached to the card front, with dimensional adhesive.
I finished off the inside of the card by adding my train images to the pop-up mechanism. I decided to add some clouds as the background for the train. I stenciled with distress inks. 
That's it for me for this post. So until next time....God Bless.
I am also entering:
1.  Critter Crazy Challenge has anything goes with a critter. 
2.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes with an animal. 
3.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes with lots of layers.
4.  Sisterhood of Crafters has a sentiment challenge. 
5.  Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge. 






5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - love the pop up!

    Thanks for your lovely comment - I've just linked up again so now yours is the card before mine!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a clever little card! Love the surprise inside! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Fabulous design love the pop up element! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab Easter card and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing and super cute creation! Pretty colours, too!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails