Saturday, April 9, 2022

Protea Flowers for Mother's Day


Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

We are still having winter like temperatures in the Pittsburgh area. This morning my hubby and I went for our daily walk, and it started to sleet. It lasted for just a bit and then the sun came out. It's been back and forth all morning. But we are supposed to have a wintry mix this week-end. It's just typical Spring weather in our area and when the warm temperatures finally come we are so thankful. 

Now onto my card for today. This is my first Mother's Day card for 2022. I am using the new Protea die from CottageCutz. 

I started my card by cutting the protea images. I used different shades of Stampin' Up bright cardstock. I somewhat followed the coloring on the packaging. That's always a big help if you're undecided on what colors to use. I attached the protea image to a white square. It's the largest (3 1/2") of the Stitched Square dies.
The card layout I used is an older MojoMonday sketch I had saved on my Pinterest page. 

Next, I selected the card colors and designer paper. I wanted something with stripes, and I found this blue striped pattern. It's from the Stampin Up "you're a peach" collection.  I thought it works well with the shades of pink I used for the protea. I decided to use blue ribbon to act as a divider between the panels.
White Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4" x 2 1/2"
I stamped my Mother's Day sentiment directly on the flower vase.
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper and the ribbon with double sided tape. I took the ribbon to the inside of the card, and I will add another layer of cardstock inside to cover the ribbon.
I attached the image panel with double sided tape. I layered this panel with a bright pink cardstock. It measures 3 5/8" square. I also scattered a few bright pink enamel dots.
I decided to add another sentiment to finish off my card. I used the Wishes w/Shadow sentiment and cut it in 2 shades of pink. I decided to rotate the enamel dots from squares to diamond shapes. I moved them around and added to additional to highlight the wishes phrase.
Well, that's my card for today. So until next time........God bless.

dies I used to create card: 



I am also entering:
1.  Crafty Catz has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  A Perfect Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 
3The Crafter's Cafe wants us to use some flowers. 
4.  Dies R Us has a Flowers/Spring challenge. 
5.  Crafty Gals Corner wants us to add a flower. 




4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous pot of flowers Mary - thats a wonderful die - and beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary this is beautiful. Love how you have explained each step. Thanks for linking up with us over at Crafty Gals. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great die and a lovely card - that flower pot would cheer anyone up. Thanks for joining our FLOWERS challenge at the Crafters Cafe, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Great colors and dies. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz, Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails