Saturday, April 30, 2022

Swans For Mother's Day

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last Saturday in April. 

It was a chore day here at my home. we went for our 3 mile walk this morning. Then I had to go grocery shopping. We were low on everything. I made my first trip to Trader Joe's and picked up our usual stuff from there. Then I made my way to BJ's Wholesale Club and picked up the bulk items I needed to replenish. 

We were away for a couple of days this week. We traveled to Lancaster, PA to see a presentation at the Sight & Sound Theater.  It was spectacular to say the least. We have been there before several times and each show is better than the previous one. If you live in PA or a surrounding state, it's definitely worth the trip. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am featuring the new Swan die from the Australian Friends release and I created a Mother's Day card. It's next Sunday and I am behind on making cards. I need to get a move on it this week. 

I have had these Landscapes patterns for a while. They are a big assist in creating a scenic card with your dies. Here are a couple of cards I previously made using these papers - Card 1, Card 2 . Today I am using another pattern for my Mother's Day card. 

Design Steps:
I already mentioned the designer paper I was going to use. I didn't want to lose too much of the paper so I decided to make a square card. I paired the paper with a bright pink cardstock. I liked the look of it together and I think it complements some of the pink tones in the paper.
Pink card base: 5 3/4" square
Designer Paper Layer: 5 1/2" square
Next, I cut my swan. Since this is a Mother's Day card, I wanted some cygnets (baby swans) in the scene. So I used the Mama Duck & Ducklings die, and I am calling it artistic license (lol)! I did look at some photos online and to me the cygnets look like ducklings.
 
I stamped my Mother's Day sentiment onto a Stitched cloud. The cloud is from the 2018 In-Stitches release. I used a light purple cardstock and stamped the sentiment in a grape ink.
Now that all my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the card base with double sided tape. The Swan images are attached with glue dots.
To finish off my card I added the sentiment cloud and then decided to add another one. I also cut a cattail from the Swan die and added that to my card. I had to move the little baby swan closer to the water pool.
And, that's my card for this post. So until next time........God bless. 

dies I used to create card:



I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts Challenge is anything goes with option of scenic.
2.  Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge is cards for Mom.  
3.  Simon Says Stamp is anything goes.
4.  DL.Art Thursday challenge is Mother's Day 
5Creative Fingers Challenge is anything goes. 



6 comments:

  1. Really a sweet scene for a Mother's Day card! What perfect paper for the background. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really sweet card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful scene and pretty swan dies. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created such a beautiful and tranquil scene. Thanks for taking part in my challenge week at Allsorts challenge. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great!! I love how you used the CC dies , such a sweet card
    Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #298 “Mother’s day challenge” Linky challenge.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and sweet card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails