Saturday, April 23, 2022

Big Bird Birthday

Hello Blogger friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It's a great Spring weekend here in Pittsburgh. We are going to reach 81° today. It's the first day that we have had temperatures like this in our area. 

The trees are finally bringing out their leaves and our tulips are blooming. My hubby has already started to plant his vegetable garden but just the plants that can thrive in cold weather. Our garlic is growing and soon the garlic scapes will be up and ready for harvest. I love the new life of the Spring season.

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog.  I am featuring the new Emu and Outback Trees dies, and I created a birthday card for my brother. I kept it on the simple side because I think that works best for a masculine card. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I blended several distress inks on Bristol smooth cardstock for my sky - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Rusty Hinge. This particular cardstock is great for ink blending. I decided to cut a slope so I could place the Emu on top. I used the Hills Slimline die.
Panel size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Next, I die cut the images. For the Outback Tree, I used different shades of green cardstock and ink blended the edges. The Emu is cut in shades of beige cardstock. You could also use white cardstock and color with your favorite coloring medium.
I bought some punny sentiment stamps for this Australian release. This one is from Technique Tuesday. I stamped it in a suede ink.
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the slope to the background with double sided tape, the tree is attached with tape & art glitter glue and the emu with double sided tape.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to a white card base (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). Scattered a few brown enamel dots for a bit of contrast and that completes my card for this post. So, until next time.......God bless. 

Dies I used to create card:




I am also entering:
1.  Aud Sentiments wants us to use a birthday sentiment. 
2.  Craft Rocket Challenges wants us to create for the boys/men. This card is for my brother. 
3Unicorn Challenge wants us to include an animal. 
4.  AAA Birthday Game #36 is Critters. 
5.  Crafting Happiness has an anything goes challenge. 



2 comments:

  1. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun image and the sunset background is gorgeous. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails