Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Tulips in the Netherlands

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. Easter is fast approaching, and I thought I should get the rest of the cards I made posted on my Blog. 

Tulips are one of my favorite flowers both real ones and the paper variety as well. The ones in our garden are coming up but it will probably be another 2 weeks before they bloom. My hubby has already had to fight off the deer. They love to eat the greenery as soon as it pops up from the ground. He is a bit ahead of them this year. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #884.  I was the hostess, and I chose pumpkin pie, so saffron and highland heather for my color trio. Optional was to use any designer paper. 
I chose these colors based on the designer paper that I used. It's from the Stampin' Up "flowering fields" collection and I made a fun fold center step card to show it off. 

The background designer paper reminds me of the tulip fields in the Netherlands. Never been there just have seen photos. So, with the Netherlands as my inspiration, I decided to add a windmill that I cut in the challenge colors from a CottageCutz die. The Easter phrase is another CottageCutz die. I cut in highland heather cardstock then sponged with the same ink to get a deeper shade.

I used an older stamp set from SNSS for a sentiment, and I added a few tulips to finish it off. And that's my card for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: Jesus paid it all (SNSS)
Paper: highland heather, so saffron, crumb cake, black, mossy meadow, flowering fields dsp (Stampin' Up)
Paper Size: 5 1/2"
Ink: choc chip, highland heather (Stampin' Up), carved pumpkin distress (Ranger)
Accessories: Barn & Windmill, Spring Sentiments, Farm fence Slimline, Spring Sheep dies (CottageCutz), Ivory Center Step card (Paper Cuts)
Techniques: center step fun fold
I am also entering:
1.  Crafting Happiness Challenge is anything goes. 
2 Cut It Up has an Easter challenge. 
3.  A Gem of a Challenge has an anything goes. 
4Sweet Stampin' has an Easter/Spring mood board challenge.
5Creative Creases has anything goes with a fun fold. 







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! My tulips are quite a ways from opening, so I'll just enjoy them on your card! The center-step fold really brings the card to life! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about your inspiration for this card. You totally achieved the look you were after! I love that windmill!

    Thanks for sharing your Easter/Create Your Own Background project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful center step card! I just love the Tulip patterned paper! So perfect with your windmill. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours on your card, and that windmill is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails