Saturday, January 22, 2022

Easter Blessings

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this frigid Saturday in January. 

Well, at least it's frigid temps here in Pittsburgh. It was 1° overnight and our high today is 21°.  But we are only a month into winter, so this is what's to be expected. We just stayed warm and snuggly in our house last night.

We did venture out today for a run to Costco. Lots of people had the same idea because the store was very busy. We had a $27 check from them for purchases we made last year, and we wanted to use it before it expires. The store locations just aren't convenient to where we live, and we are going to drop our membership. A new BJ's store opened about 15 minutes from our home, and we stopped in there today to join that club. 

Now I am doing household chores and some light cleaning. I took a break to get my Blog post finished. The card I am featuring today is an early Easter card. I am using the new Spring Chickee in Basket die and the phrases are from the Faith Sentiments + the Spring Sentiments dies from CottageCutz.  So, let's get started with some details on how I created this card.  

Design Steps:
I started with my background. I found designer paper that had a sky and cloud theme. It was a bit light, so I took a cloud stencil and tumbled glass distress ink and deepened the color a bit.
Next, I cut the main image using different bright cardstocks. I liked the colors used on the packaging, and I kept with that color scheme.
Then I used the Faith Sentiments & the Spring Sentiments dies for the phrases on my card. I cut them in a royal blue cardstock to allow them to stand out on the background.
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I did cut a grass base using the Grass Slimline die and attached with double sided tape. The basket image is attached with the same adhesive. My Easter Blessings phrase is attached with Art Glitter glue. I like it because it dries clear.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel to a white card base measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I also added some spring tulips cut from the Spring Kitten w/Envelope die and scattered a few pink enamel dots.


Well, that's it for me for this post. So until next time -stay warm and God bless.

dies I used to create card:





I am also entering:
1.  Creative Fingers has an anything goes challenge. 
2.  Arty Divas has an anything goes. 
3.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge. 
4Critter Crazy has an anything goes with a critter. 
5.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes. 







 



1 comment:

  1. Wow.. that's awesome! I love the sentiments and the layout! Great job you've done!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
    *GDT* Penny’s Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails