Saturday, January 15, 2022

Hockey Bunny Valentine

Hello Blogger Friends and happy Saturday to you! 

Can you believe we are already halfway through January? This weekend we are expecting a big snowfall here in Pittsburgh - anywhere from 8"-12". 

I went food shopping this morning early because the stores will be crazy today and tomorrow. I have stuff in my freezer, but I am doing a fruit and vegetable Daniel Fast for a few weeks. It's something my hubby and I do at the beginning of each new year.  

This fast requires some planning on my part and getting veggies in every 3 or 4 days. I have a bunch of new recipes that I will be preparing. Today it's Tuscan soup with white beans. You use Tuscan kale in the recipe hence the name. 

Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge on Splitcoaststampers and also for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. So here are some details of how I created it. 

Design Steps:
I started my card this week with the colors from this week's color challenge #878 on Splitcoaststampers. I was hosting the challenge and I chose daffodil delight, pacific point and rich razzleberry for the color trio. Optional was to make a masculine Valentine card.
For the layout I used a sketch from the Sunday Stamps Blog.
I cut the hockey bunny with cardstock in the challenge colors. I used the new Winter Hockey Bunny die from CottageCutz. 
Next, I chose the colors for the card base and the sketch layers. I used pacific point cardstock and embossed with a hearts folder. For the 2 rectangles of the sketch, I used Stampin'-Up designer paper and cut with a Stitched Rectangle die.
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start assembly. I attached the card layers to the base with double sided tape. Since this is a Valentine card, I decided to place the hockey bunny in the center of a heart and attached with dimensional adhesive.
After I attached the heart, I realized I forgot to stamp the sentiment I wanted. So, with the help of my MISTI I was able to get it stamped and even did a 2nd stamping. I used pacific point ink. The Hockey Bunny is attached with glue dots.
To complete my card, I used the Hugs w/Shadow die and cut a sentiment and then scattered a few hearts. They are cut in the rich razzleberry color. And that completes my card for today. So, until next time......God bless. 

dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:
1.  Allsorts has a add a heart challenge. 
2.  Send A Smile 4 Kids has a love/Valentine challenge. 
3.  Taylormadecards4u has an anything goes w/optional of winter vibes. 
4.  Cut It Up has an anything goes w a die cut. 
5.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes- with something wintry and cheerful. 

8 comments:

  1. Super cute card, thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet creation and pretty colour palette, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts 'Add a Heart' theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your funny bunny! So adorable. You did an amazing job combining so many challenges and coming up with such a great card.

    Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and cute card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable hockey bunny, great colors and sketch.

    Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Anything Goes challenge.

    Treva
    https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Thanks for taking part in the Polkadoodles Challenge!
    Caroline, Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable card! Thank you for sharing at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge. Hope to see you again!

    Merja DT
    https://kortitjakokkailut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!! Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Craft Challenge.
    Hope to see your creation again.

    /Eivor
    DT Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails