Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thankful, Grateful, Appreciative

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

November is upon us and soon we will be celebrating some of my favorite holidays of the year.  Thanksgiving gives us a special time to reflect on all we have to be thankful for and Christmas of course celebrates the birth of our Savior, Jesus. I want to send out a lot of cards for Thanksgiving because I haven't seen people and just to let them know I am thankful for for them.  

So today I have for your viewing pleasure a card I made for Thanksgiving using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #813. Karen was the hostess and she chose real red, pumpkin pie, mango melody and old olive. 

I decided to create an outdoor scene using the Harvest Scarecrow die from CottageCutz. I cut the scarecrow in various shades of cardstock and designer paper from the Stampin'-Up "follow your art" collection. This paper has the challenge colors. I sponged the shirt with mango melody ink to get a deeper color and his hat and pants with real red ink.

The background designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "wood textures" collection. I embossed it with the pinewood planks embossing folder.

The sentiment is from an older Stampin'-Up set - "wandering words". It reflects how I feel in this season. And, that's it for me for this card. So until next time ......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: wandering words (Stampin'-Up)
Paper: early espresso, pumpkin pie, mango melody, real red, choc chip, crumb cake, baked brown sugar, see a silhouette dsp, wood textures dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: 3 1/2" x 6"
Ink: choc chip, real red, mango melody
Accessories: harvest scarecrow, garden accessories dies (CottageCutz), pinewood planks embossing folder (Stampin'-Up)
I am also entering:
1.  Fab n' Funky has an anything but Christmas challenge.
2 Mod Squad has a "grateful" challenge. My word is in the sentiment.
3Paper Funday has an anything goes. Optional is give thanks-thankful-grateful
4.  Retro Rubber Challenge is anything goes. My Wandering Words stamp is at least 10 years old. 
5Crafting Happiness has a Thanksgiving challenge. 

6 comments:

  1. Well if this isn't the most adorable scarecrow EVER!!! I love how the die cuts created him, very clever. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! this is such an awesome scene. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely card Mary and I too have been working on Thanksgiving cards since I've not seen friends and family due to this terrible virus. Great job, Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wood-grain background gives a perfect rustic feel to your scene. The way you've built up the scarecrow and his garden is stunning. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A master piece scene, the sentiment is perfect for the cute scarecrow! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your scarecrow card! Thanks for sharing at my challenge blog last week. A new challenge started today! The theme is NO CARDS. Hope you'll join in the fun this week.
    https://craftinghappinesschallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails