Saturday, October 31, 2020

Snowman Cupcake + Fun Fold

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this last day of October. 

I can't believe how quickly the month has gone by. It's a beautiful fall day here. A crisp and cold day but the sun is shining. We had a heavy frost last night so I am sure that our dahlias are done for this season. My hubby pulled the last of our tomatoes the other day. There were about 100 on the vines in different stages of ripening. I roasted some of them yesterday and have the others on the window sills to wait for them to get ripe enough to roast. 

Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz Blog. I am featuring the new Snowman Christmas Cupcake die. This is such a cute die that I just couldn't resist making a card with it. My granddaughter's 10th birthday is in December, and I thought this would be a perfect winter themed birthday card for her. So let's get started on some details of how I created my card.

I decided to do a fun fold for my card this week. I saw this fun fold on Pinterest and thought it would be a cute one for my Snowman Cupcake. I started with my card base of 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". I scored it at 4 1/4" and then at 5 1/2".
Then I used 1/8" Scor-Tape to seal the left section of the card base closed.

 This is the photo of the card base after it's secured with tape. It's like a book-binding.

Next, I chose two winter themed designer papers for the card front.  They are from the Stampin'-Up "let it snow" collection. The larger piece is 2 3/4" x 5 1/4" and the smaller is 1" x 5 1/4".
I cut the snowman cupcake image in colors to match the designer paper.

I wanted to frame the cupcake image and decided on the Stitched Wide Rectangle Frame. I used the 2nd largest die and cut in flirty flamingo cardstock. It's one of the shades in the designer paper. 
I stamped my birthday wishes sentiment in coastal cabana ink. It is also one of the colors in the cardstock. I used my MISTI and inked 3x to get a bolder image.
Next, I attached the snowman cupcake using dimensional adhesive. In the frame corner I added the happy phrase. It's from the Festive Birthday Greeting die. 
 To complete my card I added some bakers twine and bow in the flirty flamingo shade. That's it for me for this post. So until next time........God bless
dies I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  CraftyHazelnuts patterned paper challenge has an anything goes challenge. 
2Just Us Girls has a word die cut challenge. 
3.  Sweet Stampin' has a children's birthday challenge. 
4.  Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes challenge. 
5Simon Says Stamp has an anything goes challenge. 



3 comments:

  1. Very, very cute! And thanks for the great picture tutorial! Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun winter birthday card - I love that fold idea and your cheery snowman - thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card Mary. Thanks for sharing this with us at Sweet Stampin'. Come and play along again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails