Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Snow Babies


Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. 

It was a rainy but warm day here in Pittsburgh. Hubby & I still went for our walk this morning under our umbrellas. We have been going 5-6 times a week and averaging 2 to 2 1/2 miles on each walk. I have definitely noticed a difference the way my clothes are fitting around my hips  especially in my jeans. 

He has walked for years but during our lockdown I decided to join him to get out of the house. I don't mind walking and I even go myself if he isn't around. Hopefully I will keep it up though the winter. 

Then I spent the day in the kitchen - roasting tomatoes and stuffing banana peppers from our garden. Besides the peppers in the phot below,  I stuffed another dozen of peppers that I put in the freezer. It will be a meal for another day.  It's definitely not the end of our garden yet. Just depends on when we get a frost. 
Stuffed Banana Peppers - tonight's dinner

Now onto my card for today. This one I made for my post on the CottageCutz Blog. This die is just so cute and I couldn't resist making a card for my sweet little 5 year old niece.
We all look for card ideas that we can put together quickly and reproduce multiples of at Christmas. This one was one of those cards with the help of my designer paper.

I have in my collection some winter themed scenic designer papers and I thought this die would be perfect to sit in the middle of one of the scenes. The paper is part of the Feels Like Frost collection from Stampin'-Up. 

The papers are a 6 x 6 size. I didn't want a square card so I cut the designer paper to 4 1/2" x 6" and then for each layer I added an 1/8". It's a different size than I usually make but it will work in a 5 x 7 envelope and I shouldn't have to pay extra postage to send it.

I cut the little girl image in 3 shades of Stampin'-Up purple cardstock- purple posy, highland heather and gorgeous grape. The Husky or Sled Dog is cut from Stampin'-Up smoky slate cardstock. I stamped my Merry Christmas sentiment in a grape ink and this card is completed.

Well, that's it for me for this post. I am ready to kick back and watch one of the many Hallmark movies we have on our DVR. So until next time.......God bless.

Die I used to create card:

I am also entering:
1.  The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge is anything goes. 
2.  2 Crafty Critter Crazies has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Sweet Stampin' has a girly but no pink challenge.  
4.  Crafty Animals has an anything goes. 
5Merry Little Christmas challenge is anything goes. 
 




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card..such a sweet image and lovely background. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore that cute husky on the sled with the little girl! It is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute design! Congrats on your weight loss... I need to walk more to achieve the same result! Thanks so much for sharing your sweet card with us in our challenge over at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, MLCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails