Saturday, November 21, 2020

Night in Bethlehem Easel Card

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today. It's the Saturday before Thanksgiving- one of my favorite holidays. No matter what is going on in this country or the world, we can still take time to stop and give thanks for the blessings we have.  

Do you believe that I just got around to mailing my Thanksgiving cards today. I have had them made for weeks so I am not sure why I procrastinated and didn't send them out sooner. Most of them are going to family locally but I did have 3 that went out of state. Hopefully they will arrive by Wednesday. 

Anyway, let's move onto my card for today. This one I created for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. I used the new Night in Bethlehem die to create a circular Easel card. 

Design Steps:
I followed a video tutorial from YouTube. Here is the link to the tutorial.  Now to create the card base, I used the largest Scallop Circle die. I laid it just slightly over the edge of the cardstock. You don't want the fold to cut. This gives you the card "hinge".
Then I took the same die and cut another scalloped circle. This will cover the flat part of the cardstock and it's where I will attach my images.
Next, you fold the top half of the card base making sure to line up the scallops. I added double sided tape to just the lower part of the fold and attached the 2nd scallop circle that I cut.
For my background for the Bethlehem images, I had this watercolor galaxy paper. Using the largest Circle die to cut the layer for the card front. 
The images are cut from blueberry cardstock and adhered with dimensional adhesive to the designer paper. 
Attached the image panel to the card base with double sided tape. I decided to change the star color and cut it from a white glitter cardstock. I just adhered it over the blue star. I cut another circle from a kraft cardstock and then used just a section for the ground. 
For the card inside, I cut another piece of the galaxy designer paper. Stamped my sentiment in blueberry ink and secured to the designer paper with dimensional adhesive. This will serve as the card stop when the easel is opened.
That's my card for this post. This was my first attempt at a circular easel card and I can say it wasn't difficult to complete. And, I think it makes a nice presentation for the Bethlehem images. So until next time.....God bless. 


dies I used to create card:


I am also entering:
1.  CHNC #517 is\a anything goes Christmas. Optional something with letter R.
2Crafty Catz has an anything goes with optional Christmas. 
3.  C.R.A.F.T.  has a Christmas challenge #577. 
4.  Craft Rocket Challenge is Christmas/Winter.
5.  Crimbo Crackers has an anything goes challenge.
6.  ABC Christmas Challenge has a "X" for xtra special. My circular easel card and the Bethlehem scene are extra special.
7.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is Christmas. 



5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and peaceful easel card and I love this unusual design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous easel card, love the circular hape and the lovely scene you've created with your beautiful die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your process. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful easel card, Mary. I love the design and the die cuts. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails