Thursday, November 19, 2020

Give Thanks

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.

Well, it's one week until Thanksgiving. Our governor is restricting gatherings because of a resurgence of the China virus. My son and his family have cancelled out on us. My hubby's family have decided not to come either. My Mother-in-Law is 90 years old and doesn't feel safe going out.  

Looks like it will just be hubby and myself. But, we both have decided that our celebration will go on. Even amidst a pandemic we can still give thanks for blessings. 

Now onto my card for today. This one I created for the color challenge #814 on Splitcoaststampers. LeAnn was the hostess and she chose bumblebee, pretty peacock, and shaded spruce for her color trio. Optional was to use a die or punch.

I decided to keep it simple and let the background paper be the star of this card. I have had this designer paper from the Stampin'-Up "come to gather" collection for a couple of years and have wanted to use it for a Thanksgiving card. And, then LeAnn chose the colors on the paper. Whoo-hoo!

I die cut a stitched oval die and added some stalks of wheat cut from bumblebee cardstock. The wheat stalks are from the CottageCutz die with the same name. It's a retired die and out of stock. 
Stamped my sentiment in shaded spruce ink. This stamp is from the September 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit. To complete the card, I scattered a few bumblebee enamel dots.

Well that's it for me for this post. So until next time.......God bless. 

card details:
Stamps: Hello Pumpkin (Stampin'-Up PP Kit Sept 2020)
Paper: pretty peacock, whisper white, bumblebee, come to gather dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: shaded spruce
Accessories: stitched oval, wheat stalks dies (CottageCutz), stitched rectangle die (MFT), in-color enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)
I am also entering:

1.  Crafty Gals Corner has a Thankful challenge. 
2Fab 'n' Funky has a hand stamped or die cut sentiment challenge. 
3.  Mod Squad has a Thanksgiving challenge.
4.  Double Trouble has a tic-tac-toe board. I used pumpkin, leaf and die. I also have a sentiment
5.  A Bit More Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge. 


   

5 comments:

  1. Mary, love the way you've chosen to use more neutral colors for your background paper, then added the splash of SU Bumble Bee die cuts with enamel dots! It is REALLY well thought out and implemented! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us for our Double Trouble tic-tac-toe challenge!!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Mary, so very creative. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that design paper and the pop of your wheat stalks and bringing in the blue with the bow...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble. And, since you have also met the requirement for our Partner, please include them in your post and enter their challenge too The Paper Funday Challenge
    Double Trouble Challenge - Suzanne Reynolds, Owner
    I Luv Scrapping Too (My Personal Blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall card, Mary! I think there are many of us in the same boat for Thanksgiving so I am counting my blessings that our family has not seen the China virus. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #71. (I am retired from 30+ years in telecommunications.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails