Sunday, January 6, 2019

Tell it on the Mountain

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog.
 
It was another sunny day here in Pittsburgh. Two days in a row is so unusual for us in January. It was cold but when the sun shines it just makes it seem warm.
 
We took advantage of the day by taking down our outside Christmas decorations. I am not going to start the inside until next weekend. It seems like I just decorated and now its time to undo everything. I do a little at a time because everything needs wrapped and packed carefully so it's good to go next Christmas.
 
Now onto my card for today. I am showing another of my 2018 Christmas cards. This one I created for the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge #724. Carey was the hostess and she gave us a great layout for our cards.
My card is a larger one than I usually create. The overall size is 6 3/4" x 4 1/8". The sentiment and wise men ornament required a larger size.

I bought this stamp set from Penny Black and have been wanting to use it on at least one of my Christmas cards. It included the mountain phrase die. I think it gives a bold emphasis to my card.

The card is done in night of navy ink and cardstock. My background paper is a denim shade. I thought it has a night sky look to it.

The wise men ornament is a die from CottageCutz. Well that's my card for today. So until next time...…….God bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: He is born (Penny Black)  
Paper: whisper white, night of navy (Stampin'-Up), stone washed denim dp (Provo Craft)  
Paper Size: A6  
Ink: night of navy (Stampin--Up)
Accessories: Wise Men Ornament die (CottageCutz), Mountain Phrase die (Penny Black), metallic enamel dots (Stampin'-Up)   
 
I am also entering:  
1.  CHNC challenge #419 has an anything goes Christmas.
2.  Penny Black Saturday challenge is anything goes w/option something new. This stamp and die was a new purchase for me this Christmas season.
3.  Polkadoodles has an anything goes challenge.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us for Week 1 at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails