Saturday, January 19, 2019

Mr Love Bug

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
We are forecasted to have a big winter storm this weekend with snow and ice. It's the calm before the storm right now. They keep changing the snow amounts so not sure what will happen. Our local community has declared a snow emergency and advised residents to stay off the roads if you don't need to be on them.
 
I didn't have any plans to go out today anyway. Lots of chores to do around the house including getting my living room tree down. Oh yes, it's still up. Just haven't had the time to get to it. But now I am tired of looking at it. I want to return the living room back to normal.
 
Let's move onto my card for today. This is one of my first Valentine cards of the season. I plan on giving this to my hubby for Valentine's Day.
 
I used the Splitcoaststampers sketch #731 for the card layout. Diane was our hostess and she gave us a unique sketch to use on our cards. After much thought, I decided to use a Spellbinders pennants die to create my triangle shapes. So here are
some card details.  
I cut my triangle shapes with 2 different Stampin'-Up designer papers from the "Sending Love" collection and the middle one with coordinating real red cardstock. Attached the triangles to black cardstock.
 
For the heart shape of the sketch, I used the CottageCutz "Mr. Love Bug" die. To finish off the card I scattered a few small red hearts.
 
card details:
Paper: real red, basic black, pretty in pink, gorgeous grape, pear pizzazz, sending love dsp (Stampin'-Up), vellum (Paper Company)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: Mr Love Bug, Love Postage dies (CottageCutz), Nested Pennants die (Spellbinders),
I am also entering:
1.  PolkaDoodles has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Moving Along with the Times has a heart challenge.
3.  Southern Girls has an anything goes challenge.
4The Male Room has an anything goes challenge.
5.  Watercooler Wednesdays has a male challenge. This is my hubby's Valentine card.

7 comments:

  1. What a super card, great design, thanks for joining us at MAWTT . Xxxx

    ReplyDelete


  2. Love your Layout and cute image ; Good luck with the Polkadoodles challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, love the bumble bee, so cute, thanks for joining us at MAWTT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Mary! Darling little Valentine bug, and beautiful take on the sketch, especially with your pretty designer papers! Thanks for sharing your crafty project at the Moving Along With the Times Challenge Blog, and for supporting us. Please check back to see if you were one of the Top Picks. Leaving you with wishes for a wonderful day.
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Valentine's card! Love the dark red you've used. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you LOVE card....it's so cute. Thank you for joining our challenge at https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/
    xxx Plony (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cutie, perfect Valentine's card! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room craft challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails