Saturday, January 5, 2019

Birthday Sweater

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog this first Saturday in January.
 
It's such a beautiful sunny day here in Pittsburgh. The sun is something we don't get a lot of in the winter. So when its shining, it feels good.
 
Today is my extended family Christmas get together. There will be about 60 of us at my brother's home. He has a house that is perfect for large crowds. Between the sprawling family room in his basement to the large open floor plan upstairs it just doesn't feel crowded.
 
Everyone brings a dish to share and we will have a big variety. I am bringing meatballs in a marinara sauce to accompany the lasagna my sister in law is making. I found these black angus beef meatballs from grass fed cows at Whole Foods last year. They are so delicious. They are simmering in my crock pot as I write this post.
 
Let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for my weekly DT post on the CottageCutz blog. I am in need of some masculine birthday cards this month so that's my theme for this post.
 
Since it's January and sweater weather I thought I would use the Ugly but Cute sweater die for my card. It's part of our Christmas 3 collection but my card shows you a way to use it for other occasions. Helps you get more mileage out of your dies.
 
The sketch #720 from Splitcoaststampers was a perfect layout for a masculine card. It's simple and I think that always makes for a great  male themed card.
My designer paper is from the Stampin'-Up "sweet taffy collection. It has a variety of colors that will help me build my card. For the angled panel, I cut a piece of turquoise cardstock 4" x 5 1/8" and cut it at an angle. I did the same with my designer paper.
  cut my sweater from cardstock to match the colors on the designer paper. Used Stampin'-Up's rich razzleberry and pumpkin pie cardstocks.
 Now that the card elements are cut, I can start my card assembly. I attached the angled panels to the white card base with double sided tape. I wanted some texture on the turquoise panel so I embossed with an argyle embossing folder.

I wanted a cover up where the 2 panels meet. I thought of ribbon or twine but eventually decided on just a strip of rich razzleberry cardstock. It's 1/2" wide and 4 1/4" long. It kept the masculine appeal of my layout.
White card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
The sweater was attached with dimensional adhesive. I always like the look of the image being lifted just slightly off the image panel. 
 To complete my card and add a sentiment, I used the Celebrate Phrase and cut in turquoise cardstock.

 Well, that's it for me for this post. Time to get dressed for my family party. So until next time...…..God bless.

dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzuglybutcutesweater.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionspluscelebratephrase.aspx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails