Thursday, January 10, 2019

Happy New Year

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life Blog today.
 
Well we are starting to see winter weather here in Pittsburgh. We had some snow, high winds and cold temps. I don't really mind weather like this. I grew up in Pittsburgh and having 4 seasons is part of the climate here.
 
I am still working on getting my Christmas decorations down and put away. I am doing a little each day because this task is something I don't really enjoy doing. But I have made progress.
 
I usually start with the peripheral decorations and then make my way to the trees. Once I started the undecorating it's made me anxious to get finished with it and get my house back to normal. Several more days and I will be finished.
 
Now let's move onto my card for today. This one I made for the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge #729. Allison was the hostess and she gave us a great layout for our cards.
For my card I decided to go with a New Year's theme. I used the Ring in the New Year die from CottageCutz. For element 5 of her sketch, I added the New Year's mask. 

The background paper is from Stampin'-Up's "year of cheer specialty" collection. I stayed with the paper colors of white and silver and added just a splash of color with the mask and the firecracker.
 
That's it for me for this post. So until next time......God bless.
 
card details:
 
Paper: whisper white, melon mambo, pear pizzazz, granny apple green, highland heather (Stampin'-Up), silver (Recollections)
Paper Size: A2
Accessories: ring in the new year, wacky stitched square dies (CottageCutz)
 
I am also entering:
1.  A Bit More Time to Craft has an anything goes challenge.
2.  Crafts Dreamy has an anything goes challenge.
3. The Happy Craft Challenge is anything goes.

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a great happy new year card, this was our DT theme this month, you have inspired us all, love the font, and the crackers effect in the background. well done. Thanks for joining the happy craft challenge. Megan Dt https://thehappycraftchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful New Year card design Mary.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card Mary, thanks so much for joining us at Crafts Dreamy. Hugs Zowie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely inspired Happy New Year card Mary great co.ours. Thank you for joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails