Thursday, January 24, 2019

Rufus says "I'm Sorry"

Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with The Charmed Life blog.
Today was a Pre-School day for me and it was a great class. This group of kiddos are so cooperative and excited to do whatever projects or plans we have for the day.
We did a paint resist snowflake for our art project. I used painters tape on watercolor paper to create a snowflake.
They love to paint so painting the paper was successful and relaxing for them. We will remove the tape our next class for them to see the snowflake appear. 
 
Now onto my card for today this one I created using the 12-12-18 Splitcoaststampers sketch #727.   Diane was our hostess and she gave us a great layout to work into a card.
Some thoughts on my card and this sketch. First I am on the sketch team until March 2019. We receive the sketches a month in advance. So this one came in early November. The dies I used were part of the CottageCutz Black Friday release. Also in November.
 
I am saying all this because there is a Chinese company that is taking the CottageCutz dies and reproducing them as their own designs. They are using the CottageCutz packaging to promote their illegally reproduced designs.
 
And now they have started taking the CottageCutz design team cards and posting them on their site. They took this card of mine and removed my watermark and added their own to my work.
This is so incredibly wrong and the dies are being sold to American stampers. Maybe the stampers don't know the designs have been stolen, but if they do and still buy them they are just as guilty as the company who is illegally reproducing them.  
 
So onto some details for my card. I flipped the sketch to fit my image. The image is a new die from CottageCutz - Rufus the Hound. As soon as I saw this cute puppy, I thought of an I'm sorry card. Don't we all need to say those words?

My image panel sentiment is from Stampin'-Up and I also used the splatters that are part of the stamp set. I stamped in bermuda bay ink. The "I'm Sorry" sentiment is from MFP.
I thought the whimsical design on the designer paper fit well for this card. It's from the Stampin'-Up "sweet pea" collection.
 
card details
 
Stamps: Hey There (Stampin'-Up), Love Remains (MFP)
Paper: so saffron, taken with teal, baked brown sugar, soft suede, black, dsp (Stampin'-Up)
Paper Size: A2
Ink: bermuda bay (stampin'-Up)
Accessories: Rufus the Hound, cross stitched oval dies (CottageCutz)
 
 
I am also entering:
1. Aud Sentiments Challenge is anything goes + a sentiment.
2.  Cute Card Thursday has a critters challenge.
3.  Crafting By Designs has a layer it up challenge.
 
CottageCutz die I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzrufusthehound.aspx
  

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge. Good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely darling and I participated in this sketch challenge, too on SCS! I love your sweet pooch and beautiful colors! Thanks for participating in our layer challenge at Crafting by Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, that is the cutest little dog!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails