Saturday, October 3, 2015

~Teacher Thanks~

 
Hello Blogger Friends! Thanks for taking the time to visit the Charmed Life Blog. I am out in San Francisco taking care of my sweet 4y old granddaughter. Mommy and Daddy went away for a few days for a little r & r. My hubby didn't make the trip this time. His work schedule just couldn't be adjusted for this trip.
 
I had a wonderful first day with Phoenix Daisy. She goes to preschool for 3hrs each morning. So after I picked her up we did our usual and went to the ice cream parlor. Then we played with her babies for 4 1/2 hrs. She has 5 of them and she is quite creative in thinking up things to do with them. Today it was birthday parties and going to the park to play.
 
Needless to say at the end of the day I was exhausted. She is in bed now and I am just relaxing a bit before bedtime. So I thought I would do this blog post because during the day there is no time except Phoenix time (lol)!!!
 
This one I made for my daughter-in-law who happens to be Phoenix Daisy's Mommy. She is a teacher and I make her a card to honor her and the start of a new school year.
I made one similar to this and gave it to our Preschool director for the start of year. See that here.
 
I used similar colors but changed the pencil layout and card base and layering colors. This one I actually like better than the original. And thanks to a technique suggested by my friend Barbara Joyce it was actually a bit easier to stamp and die cut on this card.
 
I used my MISTI tool for stamping first and then did my die-cutting. For the die-cutting, I cut a pencil from scrap card stock. Then I placed the negative piece over my stamped image and placed my metal die in the negative die cut. It worked fairly seamlessly. The first 2 times around with this set and dies were so frustrating for me.
 
This PTI set is 2 step stamping at a difficult level without the use of a MISTI tool or a stamp-a-ma-jig. But there are no directions or help from PTI so I am grateful to my friend for giving me some very helpful pointers.
 
On the background I used the Stampin'-Up "alphabet press" embossing folder, and it's layered on crushed curry cardstock. Card base is cherry cobbler. Cut a few stars with an MFT die to complete this card.
 
Well. it's time to close this post. Phoenix Daisy will be up early and I have a full day with her. So until next time........god bless.
 
card details:
Stamps: pencil me in (PaperTrey Ink) 
Paper: crushed curry, cherry cobbler, white Paper Size: A2 
Ink: pumpkin pie, crushed curry, cherry cobbler,(Stampin'-Up) peeled paint distress (Ranger) 
Accessories: pencil me in & teacher die (PaperTreyInk), sun moon and stars dies(MFT), alphabet press ef (Stampin'-Up)  
 
I am also entering:
1.  Jo's Scrap Shack has an anything goes challenge.
2Crafting with an Attitude has an anything goes challenge.
3.  Crafty Girls has an anything goes challenge.
 

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and what a lovely day for you with Phoenix. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I LOVE this card! Those pencils are so fun they look as if you could pick them up and write. They show up so pretty on the white. Have a FABulous time with sweet Miss Phoenix Daisy!! What a blessing to spend some time with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again..still loving your card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafty Girls Creations. Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails